Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 12-08-2014, 09:49 PM   #21

Here is mine.
Attached Thumbnails
20130503_004344.jpg   20130903_185716.jpg  

Old 12-08-2014, 09:57 PM   #22

Few more of mine.
Attached Thumbnails
20130815_094649.jpg   20130809_224318.jpg   20130809_224435.jpg  

Old 12-08-2014, 10:00 PM   #23

I put a mahogany/billet wheel with a chrome column. (The pics are not in the correct order of installation). I also added some other chrome trim and billet air brake pulls and billet pedals. I also took all of the obnoxious warning labels all over everything off.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:10 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERUSONE View Post
I put a mahogany/billet wheel with a chrome column. (The pics are not in the correct order of installation). I also added some other chrome trim and billet air brake pulls and billet pedals. I also took all of the obnoxious warning labels all over everything off.
man i SO wanted THAT dash (w/ all the separate gauges & trip computer) over my M2 "like" dash

John -

you're a man after my own heart (sticker removal).

where did you get the column riser ? and pedals ?

I can help you mount that CB flush in the overhead THREAD HERE

bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 07:26 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
man i SO wanted THAT dash (w/ all the separate gauges & trip computer) over my M2 "like" dash

John -

you're a man after my own heart (sticker removal).

where did you get the column riser ? and pedals ?

I can help you mount that CB flush in the overhead THREAD HERE

Www.bigrigchromshop.com. I had to modify the column cover to fit the auto shift but it looks factory. I used the stocker as a guide and trimmed it out with a drimel. Used painters tape so I did not damage the chrome. I will get some more pics this weekend. I have my back up.cams where your CB is. My radio in the dash is motorized, it rolls out and opens up. It is a Kenwood with GPS /ipod/xm/etc. I have my in motion directv hooked up to it as well. That way I can watch whatever I want traveling if conditions allow. When we get there, I turn on the big sat and it stands up so you have high definition Directv on all channels. Is it wrong to have 4 HD DVR ' S in your rig?
Old 12-09-2014, 07:29 AM   #26

Your CB install is Sweet! No more than I use mine, I might put it on the other side and install like you did.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:10 AM   #27

my rearview monitor was in the same (center overhead) location....I moved it so i could get the CB flush mounted in the overhead.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:06 PM   #28

That looks really nice Don. I have an actual glove box door where your net is. If you open it, a 9 mm HK falls out. I can't find anyone that talks on the CB anymore. Even if there is a wreck. I think the next stop for my CB is the bottom of the garbage can. :-) It would be fun if I had buddies and we traveled together in a group....but other than that, I can't really see a use for it in today's world.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:23 PM   #29

Gotta disagree on the CB thing. I've been hugely saved a couple times in recent memory with mine. One was when I was w/b on I94 in Minnesota. Heard the truckers start talking about a big block ahead. One guy was saying to get off and he gave great directions for what roads to take to go a ways west and then get back to the interstate after the problem. I was almost to that exit so I took it and it was smooth sailing. We could even see the big accident with the huge pileup of cars behind it when we got back on the interstate just after it. I'm quite sure we dodged a huge problem that time. And, the traffic wasn't backed up to us yet when I got off so I would have driven right by my last chance to escape it had I not heard about that on the CB.

Next time was almost the identical situation. We were w/b in Michigan on I94 (are we seeing a pattern here?). I had seen a squad sail on by with the lights on but that's not unusual. Trucker came on the radio saying to anybody w/b there is a big pileup ahead. He said what exit to get off and what road to take down to I90 to continue w/b. I could not see any traffic problems ahead when I got to that exit (about a mile after the trucker had told me about it) but I took the exit anyway and it was only like 4 miles down to I90. I could hear a bunch of chatter about the pileup.

Pretty sure both of those saves was worth it to me to keep the radio on and keep the squelch up so I only hear rather close stuff. If somebody starts chatting about meaningless junk (most of the time) I just switch the pa/cb switch down for a bit. That cuts it off very easily and I don't have to adjust the volume or anything. Then when I don't see the meter bouncing around I switch it back to CB.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERUSONE View Post
That looks really nice Don. I have an actual glove box door where your net is. If you open it, a 9 mm HK falls out. I can't find anyone that talks on the CB anymore. Even if there is a wreck. I think the next stop for my CB is the bottom of the garbage can. :-) It would be fun if I had buddies and we traveled together in a group....but other than that, I can't really see a use for it in today's world.
yeah i keep something extra up there too - Kimber, Glock, LCP, S&W M&P...depends on my mood usually the LCP (my daily carry) is in my back pocket in an Uncle George's Holster

Sometimes i wish i had the glovebox door (option?) but the net helps to keep things from bouncing out.

Sometimes i keep a friend in the door pocket too

Overall i concur about the CB....its mostly filthy mouthed garbage, until there's a back up & then the information is all over the map such you cant figure out WHAT lane to be in to get by.

Mostly I use the CB to say thanks to other truckers (who let me over) or to let them know I'm holding a slot or room for them to move over in front of me.

Best use i ever made of it was a middle of the night / several 100 mile chat w/ one guy hauling 80k lbs of down hole (steel) tubing from houston to harrisburg....eventually he was running too fast for me (85+) to keep up & i stopped north of Meridian, MS for fuel & a nap.

No one gives any "smokey" reports anymore....so i run WAZE on my phone & a Valentine 1 as my primary defense tools.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:46 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob86ZZ4 View Post
Pretty sure both of those saves was worth it to me to keep the radio on and keep the squelch up so I only hear rather close stuff. If somebody starts chatting about meaningless junk (most of the time) I just switch the pa/cb switch down for a bit. That cuts it off very easily and I don't have to adjust the volume or anything. Then when I don't see the meter bouncing around I switch it back to CB.
Bob -

if you have a (non blackberry) smart phone, i HIGHLY recommend WAZE it can provide LIVE/Active Routing around problems.

Waze is a CROWD SOURCED application that leverages data (input) and automatically collected from other users....

Waze uses your GPS data to sense that you've slowed down (and changes the color of the road/map that you're own) and alert other users....it will even re-route based on this information *IF* theres an alternative route that can save you time (even as little as 2 minutes)...fwiw you don't have to take the route, you can decline the re-route.

further - if you see a car or debris on the road or shoulder you tap the screen a couple of times to place a marker & warn other Waze users (ahead or behind you)....you score points for every entry....AND....
users that happen upon your notification/location are giving the chance to VERIFY the problem is still present or "no longer there" w/ a single tap of the screen.

It works the same way for alerting of speed/radar traps....the users "work together" in a sense to alert each other / verify the reports (so minimal chance of false reports).

personally i STILL use a (garmin) GPS (which has FM Traffic integration) but it doesnt work nearly as well as my smartphone & WAZE....in fact my Garmin GPS really is there for my passengers viewing pleasure (and to provide stats to my passengers about our time & distance til arrival).
Old 12-09-2014, 02:04 PM   #32

I keep a North American Arms 22 mag PUG in my front pocket, Sig 980 in SOB and 9 mm HK full size overhead. On the other overhead I have a 10mm full size glock with a surefire on it in case it gets nasty.