View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #30
bushpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERUSONE View Post
That looks really nice Don. I have an actual glove box door where your net is. If you open it, a 9 mm HK falls out. I can't find anyone that talks on the CB anymore. Even if there is a wreck. I think the next stop for my CB is the bottom of the garbage can. :-) It would be fun if I had buddies and we traveled together in a group....but other than that, I can't really see a use for it in today's world.
yeah i keep something extra up there too - Kimber, Glock, LCP, S&W M&P...depends on my mood usually the LCP (my daily carry) is in my back pocket in an Uncle George's Holster

Sometimes i wish i had the glovebox door (option?) but the net helps to keep things from bouncing out.

Sometimes i keep a friend in the door pocket too

Overall i concur about the CB....its mostly filthy mouthed garbage, until there's a back up & then the information is all over the map such you cant figure out WHAT lane to be in to get by.

Mostly I use the CB to say thanks to other truckers (who let me over) or to let them know I'm holding a slot or room for them to move over in front of me.

Best use i ever made of it was a middle of the night / several 100 mile chat w/ one guy hauling 80k lbs of down hole (steel) tubing from houston to harrisburg....eventually he was running too fast for me (85+) to keep up & i stopped north of Meridian, MS for fuel & a nap.

No one gives any "smokey" reports anymore....so i run WAZE on my phone & a Valentine 1 as my primary defense tools.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote