Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community > Truck Conversion Talk > Building Your Own
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2015, 02:29 PM   #1

Default What to do What to do

Hi I am new to this forum. My name is Bill and I'm a retired heavy equipment mechanic. I have a large shop and any and all fabrication tools and the skill to use them. And lots of time. I have a 02 T300 KW mechanics rig that i'm thinking about building into a truck motorhome. The truck maybe high miles but it is in very good condition. I have swapped the OEM Cat 3126 engine for a very low miles ISC Cummins. The entire drivetrain is near new if not new. I have owned every type of RV known to man in 37 years of working on Pipeline jobs all over the world I have wore out more RV's than most. So I'm interested in a motor coach that will be better built and more durable than your average RV. So I'm thinking about a motor coach conversion for the T300. My question is. I have looked at the Spacecraft 17' 9" motor coach and have not priced it yet. And several others, and I'm comparing it to building it myself. I want to be able to tow two tag a long type trailers behind it both about 26 ft. long neither is very heavy. At differnt times. If I did something like the Spacecraft 17'9" and put a bumper on the back I would be about 26 ft. long on the truck. So about the size of a good sized class C motorhome. Would I really save any money by doing it myself, Or would the spacecraft conversion be about the same money. By the way the T300 had a sleeper on it at one time. and has a daycab conversion on it now. Any opinions on this conversion or ideas would be considered. Thanks Bill
Iron Pony is offline   Reply With Quote