View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 11:45 AM   #2
Bob86ZZ4

Welcome to Truckconversion.net! Great to have another member. I can only pass on what I've heard from others that have built their own. Do your calculations and pricing. Then double what you think it will cost you, and double the time you think you could do the build in. Then maybe even add a bit more to both. Should get you in the ballpark now. If you're retired (like me) you might rather be cruising around enjoying this great country than cutting and wrenching and gluing and screwing, and sourcing all sorts of goofy materials that aren't going to be found at Home Depot. I sure like your idea of buying a living quarters from Spacecraft and bolting it onto your chassis. Is that what you were talking about in your post? Spacecraft is a top notch builder. Sounds like you've done a lot of work on that truck and it should make a good base for such a build. I have almost no skills whatsoever (except starting fights on the internets) so I bought my coach off the lot and started enjoying it right off. There are a lot of good deals to be found on truck conversions if you know where to look. So, do a ton of shopping first and consider how much you could sell that T300 before finalizing your plans.