Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 12-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #11

Slow and steady, started getting some of the cabinet face frames built, fridge cabinet and furnace installed. Hoping to finish the shower this week and then get the toilet in. I need to start doing some wiring so I can start installing the appliances. I bought a wrecked camping trailer that I am using the appliances and such from. I also plan to pull the electrical panel and as much of the wiring I can from it. The trailer I bought as a doner is 27', and the layout was close to what I wanted. I am hoping to uninstall and reinstall in a similar fashion.

It is cold and snowy here in Wisconsin and my garage isn't big enough for the camper so I improvised! Should work out good for the winter. With the wood wall I built insulated, I think it is more sealed up than with the garage door down. I have radiant heat in the shop floor along with a forced air furnace. it is nicer working on now that it was all summer!

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
20141019_181639_resized.jpg   20141109_164257_resized.jpg   20141127_092338_resized.jpg  

superbird03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 03:13 PM   #12

That looks cool coming out of the wall like that.

Old 12-08-2014, 01:05 AM   #13

Default staying warm

I like the way you are working in a heated area. I did most of my interior with the motorhome in the carport, dry but not warm. Your cabinet framing looks great, keep the pictures coming.
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:22 AM   #14

Thanks guys. If I can work on it during the week, I only get an hour or two to work so it would be too hard to get the thing warmed up to work on every time I wanted to work on it. I keep the shop at 50 and doesn't take but a 10 minutes to be as warm as I need out there. So far so good. My goal is spring for it to be functional.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:37 AM   #15

looks nice !

after spending nearly 2 weeks in ours (just got home from an extended stay in pensacola).....ive got a suggestion (seeing that your sink & stove top aren't mounted).

I WISH our (double) sink was an UNDER MOUNT sink....it would be much nicer (if when we had the covers on the sink) that it was one entire FLAT surface/counter top.

Our 3 burner (gas) cooktop is mounted below the counter top level such that when the cover is over the burners it forms one continuous FLAT counter top...until you get to the (damn) sink.

we've got (counter top) matching sink covers but they are raised (since the sink is mounted from the counter top and not recessed).
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 07:30 AM   #16

Thanks for the idea on flush mounting the oven/stove! I am going to attempt to under mount the sink as I bought a used counter out of a motorhome that has covers for it. I am still trying to find the correct sink for it. But before I mount the oven/stove I will have to look into lowering it so it will sit flush with the cover on. I like that idea! If you get a minute can you post a picture of yours? I would like to see how it was finished off on the edges.

Thanks, Steve
Old 12-09-2014, 07:42 AM   #17

this one is LIKE mine (so close I've used it as an example).

Ours has an oven (used to cook in once, used for storage LOTS).
the Cook Top COVER is hinged in 2 places and folds up against the back wall.

you can see the dbl sink w/ covers on....ours is EXACTLY like this...covers are not flush & while you cant tell by the picture,
the cover stick up about 1/2 and inch (or more)....just a pain in but such that the covers aren't used much.

I'll get a better picture of ours later today if not the next couple of days.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:06 AM   #18

Thanks for the picture, that is really neat how the counter cover goes over the stove like that. It sure makes it nice having a solid smooth surface. The sink covers are better than nothing but I agree would be a lot nicer if they were flush as well.

Thanks for sharing the picture.
Steve
Old 12-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #19

I've got the under mount sink and we really like it. I have the flat convection cook top. I have mixed emotions on it. Sometimes I like it....sometimes I wish I had gas. It just depends on how big of a pot you are boiling corn in.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:22 AM   #20

personally i prefer the gas based appliances (including the fridge).....it means i don't have to run the generator (except if i need air conditioning).

I don't think we've ever used the oven, maybe once and we very rarely even use the gas stove/cook top....if we do, it's as John says....to boil a pot of water.

we cook on the grill (outside) - which i plumbed to a quick disconnect to drawl off the main rv tank.