View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 03:32 PM   #30
bushpilot

if nothing else levelers will help stabilize the coach & prevent "sea legs".

I'd recommend that the levelers be on the FRONT (since there are no "parking" brakes on the front, only the rear)....you wouldnt want to raise the rear (w/out raising the front) for fear it could ROLL & bend or bust the levelers.

of course you could CHOCK the front wheels but thats a bit of a PIA.

I keep some 15x15 squares of 3/4 pressure treated plywood....ive screwed 3 sheets together....i use them to put under the hydraulic levelers so the ram's don't have to deploy as far every time (makes it a little quicker to deploy/level & retract).

the plywood also is helpful in extreme situations where i cant deploy the levelers far enough to level the coach (the boards give me extra inches of reach) - more than once I've had to stack multiple squares on top of each other (my mother in laws street has a huge crown) i end up w/ the passenger/curb side needing an extreme level compared to the drivers/road side.

the boards also help when we're forced to level on soft ground (dirt/grass) or warm asphalt, ill put the boards down to avoid punching holes thru the surface...or to try to prevent cracking concrete.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote