Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 11-16-2017, 12:26 PM   #91

There is a silver lining around every cloud if you look long enough.

ItalGerBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:49 PM   #92

I don't know what brand charger I have but I've noticed it sits at 13.5V when the truck is in storage. I've worried about it boiling the batteries but it's been ok so far. I need to check and see what brand it it but I like the one bush pilot posted.

DeepVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:52 PM   #93

Please post what you find out. I will start looking for a replacement for mine as well.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:07 PM   #94

Best Converter Charger for an RV - Smart VS. Dumb
This concise article supports BushPilots recommendation. I had the expensive "smart" Xantrex charger/converter/inverter before and my first set of batteries lasted 7 years. I will buy a stand-alone charger/converter this time around. Makes good sense.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:45 PM   #95

Looks like we just have an older MagneTek 6345, 45 amp.
DeepVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:17 AM   #96

BushPilot steered us in the right direction with the Progressive Dynamics Converter. I selected the PD9270 because I occasionally pull a trailer with lights and tools working in addition to TVs, ACs, etc in RV.
Probably overkill but cost only slightly more. Thx again BushPilot!
Old 11-17-2017, 11:25 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalGerBrit View Post
BushPilot steered us in the right direction with the Progressive Dynamics Converter. I selected the PD9270 because I occasionally pull a trailer with lights and tools working in addition to TVs, ACs, etc in RV.
Probably overkill but cost only slightly more. Thx again BushPilot!
I see that the 9270 has 250 watts more than the 9260 in the same weight & dimensional package...smart move!
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:41 PM   #98

I just looked at my converter and it must have been replaced, in the renegade owner manuals it says there is an iota converter. But I actually have a wfco-wf-9855. Does anyone have any experiences with these? Searched internet and it seems like it's just a low cost replacement. I would like to upgrade to something like bushpilot recommended. I would like a smart charger and maybe charge my batteries quicker.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:17 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottomland4x4 View Post
I just looked at my converter and it must have been replaced, in the renegade owner manuals it says there is an iota converter. But I actually have a wfco-wf-9855. Does anyone have any experiences with these? Searched internet and it seems like it's just a low cost replacement. I would like to upgrade to something like bushpilot recommended. I would like a smart charger and maybe charge my batteries quicker.
from what i read the wf-9855 has a 3 stage intelligent battery maintainer built in

WF-9855 | wfcoelectronics.com

Specs from the link above:

Automatic three-stage battery charging maintains your battery’s life with three nominal voltage output modes: 13.2 VDC range “float” mode, 13.6 VDC range “absorption” mode, and a 14.4 VDC range “bulk” charge mode.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 12:33 PM   #100

Huh, this kinda sucks. After researching, I put a Parallax electrical center/charger in my stacker trailer while building it because it seemed like the best way. No problems so far......same unit in my toter. My '03 truck has a 14L, 500 hp Detroit that starts right up like a car. It has a 12 speed autoshift that thankfully has been fine. The only problem I had with my truck is about a mile after I bought it, going up a several mile 7 degree grade(lol) the check engine light came on and the thing was dog slow, down on power, then a few miles up the road it ran great for the rest of the way back to mich. I later found that the Vpod for the turbo was bad, replaced that(but not before putting a turbo on it...lol)....and it's been great. I don't drive on many mountains, but I don't feel a need for more power with my setup. It's great and makes me smile on every trip.

neetchracer is offline   Reply With Quote