Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 01-09-2004, 07:05 PM   #1

I received 9 responses to my posting, thanks to all for the great info.
Trying to find a solution to my problems I decided to take the next step and send a message to a Dwight Bowers the Western Sales Manager for Renegade. I asked if the ride can be softened, modified so the cab ride is smoother. And can the seats me moved or modified for enough legroom, or are there alternative trucks to consider.
I sent the message 12/22 and have not had a response. Is the obvious going on here. Are these guys just order takers.
When specing and ordering a conversion do you deal with a dealer or the factory directly.?
Any help appreciated.
Donna

dspainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 06:13 AM   #2

Either Renegade is so busy they don't need more business or someone should get his butt chewed out for not responding.

I was looking at WERA's FL112 on a Show Hauler conversion (BTW it is forsale) but the cut out in the cab seems large enough that the seats can come back a bit more than if the cab was still enclosed.

Isn't that the case in the Renegade?

I would move on to a different truck. Don't pay that kind of money and compromise what you feel are things that will bother you. Even if it will take a little longer to get into a conversion, you will be much happier in the long run.

As far as who you deal with, I would say in most cases it will be the dealer. But I would not hesitate to call the mfg'er when it comes to custom mod's that you want to be sure are right.

One thing to remember is that this is the time that all of the race teams have entered orders in to get conversion by the beginning of the race season. I would bet most of the mfg'ers are back logged so you may have to wait longer than normal to get that conversion built from scratch.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Bill

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com

Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 03:18 PM   #3

My seat is limited in rearward movement by the slide when in (with regard to reclining, the slide is too far back to affect the actual horizontal movement) and depending on the height with air the sensors under the wooden cover you can see on the hump do get in the way - but that's only all the way back with no air really.

Mostly though in my case it's limited by my head hitting the back of the cab above the opening but I have an overly long torso...

With a used Freightliner you can get one with a stand up sleeper that would take care of the head issue.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
WERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 04:23 PM   #4

Thanks Bill for your response. This catagory is so undefined and your forum is ground zero for my ??'s. There is always an answer for everything. I remember we first saw a Renegade at the nostalgia races. There is a big RV show in Pleasanton this week-and plan to attend. Also, thanks for the heads up on working with a dealer. We are planning to full-time for a few years and think a truck conversion will be reliable, safe and durable compared to the Class A's we have been looking at.

Donna
dspainter is offline   Reply With Quote