Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 06-08-2004, 05:50 PM   #1

Can anyone recommend a company in the Midwest (I'm from Indiana so...) that does interior makeovers on truck sleepers?
To help you all out, here's what I'm researching. I plan on getting a Volvo 610 in about a year to a year and a half (and yes Larry Zeigler your conversions are tops on my list). I'll be retiring on 31 Aug 06, (would have retired this Sep, but got promoted so it was worth the extra two years to hang around) and plan on going full time RVing for about two years with the wife and four kids (ages in 2006, B19, B16, G13, G11), and two small dogs (wiener dog & border terrier). The standard sleeper just doesn't cut it. We've all crawled around both the 610 and 770, and feel we'll fit in either, but I just don't like the extra height on the 770. I'm wide open for floor plan layout suggestions, and figure if I get a truck with the duel sleeper (top drop down bunk), then I still meet the RV requirements for a bed (but I can store it out of the way in the up position most of the time).
Any suggestions (with URLs if you got them) is appreciated.
Thanks in advance for you consideration/advice.

Almost Retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 08:38 PM   #2

Indiana Custom Trucks is in LaGrange, In. They do custom work, rebuilds, modifications, new units etc. www.indianacustomtrucks.com

ARI Legacy Sleepers in Shipshewana, IN. www.legacysleepers.com.
They are located about 20 to 25 miles from each other near I-80 in Northern Indiana
Old 06-08-2004, 08:45 PM   #3

...you need to talk to Lonnie at Showhauler....2 adults and 4 kids and 2 dogs requires more room than just a extended cab you might consider a Showhauler and a trailer....at least.....IMHO.....geof
KAYERIVERCITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 03:04 PM   #4

Thanks CM and KAYERIVERCITY. I'll get in touch with the folks CM sent me to see what they can do. There just a little north of me so maybe I'll make a day trip to see what their work looks like.
As far as being to small, my F350 had a lot less room in it that the Volvo 610 and it worked ok for the past few years (to light for the 40' Travel Supreme 5th wheel I've got though). With the right set up it should be ok for all of us, but thanks for your concern.
Almost Retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 05:05 PM   #5

Almost Retired,

I don't know anybody who has done that degree of interior modification. I do know there are a lot of sleeper manufacturers in your area though. I suspect some of the ones previously mentioned will be able to meet your needs.

onezman
Old 06-09-2004, 08:42 PM   #6

Almostretired:....there is a pix of a guy that stretches T-2000's in Warpaths gallery labled "t_stretched"....he takes a T 2000 and adds about 8-10 feet-still total air ride and redoes the inter to match....I almost got seerious about his mods untill I came up with a better plan to suit my needs even better at cheaper price....but It was close-very close.....geof
Old 06-27-2004, 09:38 PM   #7

.....ANY GOOD DEALS ON ROOF AIRS 110VT.???..I NEED ONE YESTERDAY....COURSE I'LL ALSO ACCEPT SUGGESTIONS FORM YOU X-SPERTS....;&gt...COULD USE A DEAL ON A ROUGH-NECK 13,500...geof
Old 06-28-2004, 06:54 AM   #8

Geof... I would say call Lonnie for a lead..but he and his whole crew are on vacation this wk..If it can't be found in norhtern Indiana immediately I would be very suprised..man that trip opened my eyes... every flat spot of land had a MESS of RVs parked on it..new ones... 120mi circle through the main manufacturing towns.. most houses without electric or telephone wires going to them...
good luck
John
5erFool (John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 09:47 PM   #9

....John I went there last summer twice to see the construction and assenbly process that is why I am building my own.!...I'll have >$45k in mine and will be better equiped for me and my needs than the commercial unites.....and will last much longer....with all the bells and whistles that I need with out the Glitz....which I hate. It's a real eye opener in Elkart are surrounds isn't it....a lot of Mexicans moving to that area and living in their own creations....kinda like some parts of Kentucky I visit....My Volvo is almost done-maybe another week depending on weather and labor showing up for work...I need another week on the trailer then a shake down cruze then who knows where for me and the dog......geof