Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 08-12-2003, 10:55 AM   #1

Here are the pix form Geof of the Butler conversion rig followed by a few of my rig just cuz...

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing

WERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 12:41 PM   #2

Nice trailer WERA, what is the ceiling height in that bad boy? I need one to haul a tall Jeep.

Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 08:52 PM   #3

Good lookin' SH you got there Sean...any pix of the interior?....geof-near Cincinnati
geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 09:30 AM   #4

Geof - No interior shots handy sorry, worst case I'll have some in a week or so. I go pick it back up on the 20th but head to a race in Virginia the 22nd...

Patrick - The interior height of the trailer is about 9'6" if I remember correctly. I put in some e-track 6'6" off the floor and ran 2x4's across the trailer then laid a sheet of plywood across to make shelves (this times 2), my 2001 Jeep TJ fits under these shelves easily but all I have so far is a 2" spacer lift and 31 Swampers. The door height I believe is 7'.

So far the Renegade is the nicest trailer I've owned or seen. This one is 24' long with an extra foot of height over their standard. "L" shaped base and upper cabinets in the front and a really nice central air unit inside the short leg - no genset but with 8k currently and the next SH having a 10k there's no need I do have some interior pix I can post if you're interested.

Sean P. Clarke
Old 08-14-2003, 06:03 AM   #5

Pics would be great, my TJ has 5.5" lift and 35s...measures 6'8"s tall so your trailer would work! Did you put those windows in?
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 08:45 AM   #6

First off - I'm entirely too jealous of your TJ

I didn't put the windows in this one but I did so in our last trailer, the Renegade is actually easier because all you need to worry abotu is sealing the plywood form moisture (you can get the sealer from Renegade). Other than that all you need is a drill and a jigsaw, you do need a smaller thinckness window than normal but those are easy enough to order as well. I also have put on an awning over the wondows but not the door, I kept it lower on the side to allow for more ground coverage.

Here's some interior shots:

Sean P. Clarke