Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 05-26-2010, 08:48 AM   #1

Sometimes I park my coach on the street in front of my house. It's not the widest street. I had an extra 2" l.e.d. clearance light after replacing all of mine (I either counted wrong or they gave me one too many?). So, I had a great idea to cut a extra hole on the back near the left side and mount the light there. Then I wired it into the battery box back there with a switch so I could turn it on at night. Figured it would help keep cars from getting too close when they drive by. Then after checking it out in the dark I decided it would be better to make it blink. I bought an electronic turn signal flasher at O'Reilly Auto Parts. The light doesn't draw enough amperage to make it flash. The flasher is kind of weakly clicking like it's trying to flash. I hooked up one of the old 2" clearance lights (non-l.e.d.) and it flashes great. But, I want to only use that one l.e.d. so I can leave it run all night, maybe for a few nights, without running down the batteries. Anybody know of a flasher that will flash for such a light (excuse the pun) load? I may just add a 4" round l.e.d. light and wire the flasher to that too, the clearance light portion, and that should make it flash but don't know if that might use too much juice? I searched around on Radio Shack's site but couldn't find anything.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:06 AM   #2

Right now I use a electronic flasher for the led warning lights I rigged up. It doesn't let the light go out all the way but it does flash. I found a web site (super bright leds) that has a flasher that they say will work leds. Hope that helps

papa skwirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:41 PM   #3

check out this link to a street rodders parts house, I think its what you need for those LED's
LED Flasher unit

blizz
Old 08-12-2010, 07:33 PM   #4

I am sorta partial to NAPA, go ask to look through their Napa Lighting Book, if not just send me an email I'll send you one !!!
Burt
Burt Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:02 PM   #5

I've been very lazy and have been using it with the one l.e.d. and the one standard 2" light hooked up. I've run that for 24 hours straight and checked my house batteries and they don't show any drop in voltage so I guess I'll just leave it at that. I often go to Napa so I could bring one of my l.e.d. clearance lights in there and see if my guy can find a flasher that makes it flash. Might do that one of these days.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:29 PM   #6

Let me know, I could give you the number Monday when I go back in !!!

Burt Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote