Updated Feb 2010. Still looking.
I'm searching for a truck conversion with some, many or all of the following specs. These are rough specs and I may be flexible on some or all.
1. 40 feet or under in length due to CA DMV laws which would allow any licensed driver to drive.
2. Very good mechanical condition, exterior paint not necessary. Interior can be partially completed, unfinished. Plywood walls, linoleum floors are fine. Canvas type seat covers would work well. It has to be user friendly and efficient use of space.
Like the idea of everything converting to a potential sleeper, ie diner, couch, cabover, so when I have guests, they have a place to sleep, like large windows, skylights that open for natural ventilation and lighting.
House batteries charged by either the truck motor, generator or solar so I don't have to run the generator if I'm only using small amounts of power.
3. Front 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 1/1 living/office space and rear 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 garage/shop space. It would be nice if the garage area had some shop type cabinets, work top benches and tools included, ie welders, and shop tools, metal/wood so I could build stuff in the garage area. Big windows and natural light, e-track or slat tie downs would be a nice addition in the shop area.
4. Prefer a level type rear ramp that raises and lowers so it could be used as an outdoor work or pleasure platform...
5. I don't need all kinds of high tech gizmos and gadgets like a washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, in motion satellite reciever. Prefer a simple, bullet proof, industrial strength type machine. Something that is low maintenance and multi purpose.
6. Walk on roof is always a nice idea.
7. Reasonably priced.
The above are preferences, not requirements.
Can't think of anything more at this moment, but when I do, I'll edit the ad.
My location is the San Francisco area.
You can email me at