Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 06-29-2005, 02:55 PM   #1

Hello

Updated Feb 2010. Still looking.

I'm searching for a truck conversion with some, many or all of the following specs. These are rough specs and I may be flexible on some or all.

1. 40 feet or under in length due to CA DMV laws which would allow any licensed driver to drive.

2. Very good mechanical condition, exterior paint not necessary. Interior can be partially completed, unfinished. Plywood walls, linoleum floors are fine. Canvas type seat covers would work well. It has to be user friendly and efficient use of space.

Like the idea of everything converting to a potential sleeper, ie diner, couch, cabover, so when I have guests, they have a place to sleep, like large windows, skylights that open for natural ventilation and lighting.

House batteries charged by either the truck motor, generator or solar so I don't have to run the generator if I'm only using small amounts of power.

3. Front 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 1/1 living/office space and rear 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 garage/shop space. It would be nice if the garage area had some shop type cabinets, work top benches and tools included, ie welders, and shop tools, metal/wood so I could build stuff in the garage area. Big windows and natural light, e-track or slat tie downs would be a nice addition in the shop area.

4. Prefer a level type rear ramp that raises and lowers so it could be used as an outdoor work or pleasure platform...

5. I don't need all kinds of high tech gizmos and gadgets like a washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, in motion satellite reciever. Prefer a simple, bullet proof, industrial strength type machine. Something that is low maintenance and multi purpose.

6. Walk on roof is always a nice idea.

7. Reasonably priced.

The above are preferences, not requirements.

Can't think of anything more at this moment, but when I do, I'll edit the ad.

My location is the San Francisco area.

You can email me at

SkyvanDelta@yahoo.com
or call
510 523.5031

Thanks.

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 09:44 PM   #2

.....how much do you want to spend?.....geofkaye

Old 07-11-2005, 02:21 PM   #3

Ideally, under $100k and maybe up to $125k.
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:25 PM   #4

.....Racingjunk.com at the end of the season....say Novenber or December.....January the juices start flowing again.....OR WERA Racing-he has a nice unite what would come close to your needs......OTOH my financial guru said that he felt that the RV lines[top line/high line] were going to grow as the Florida area mess will increase and those expensive condos will have to be second mortgaged or with a much bigger Down Stroke as the banks are revising their estimates of worth and downgrading them as to value because of storms and erroson issues.....Insurance went up 20% last year and can be expected to rise that much this year......a lot of people are paying big bucks for something that is dropping in value.....the single home issue never came up as I don't own any property in Fla. anymore.....[got lucky that time].....though I'm am looking for a MH pad near the beach but inland because of the storm surge deal......geofkaye
Old 09-17-2005, 12:02 PM   #5

If you haven't found your conversion yet we design and build them in Minnesota. Take a look at our website.

http://www.toolsetmotorhomes.com

The unit featured in the ad and photos sold for 98K which seems to be in our ballpark. We currently have a 99 Volvo VN64 with a Detroit 430hp and an autoshift looking for a customer. Write me if you have any interest to discuss further.
anthony desnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 10:39 AM   #6
Boo

anthony desnick

Have you layed eyes on these coaches? Are they sick lookin? Email some pics at

mowilliams@wildfun.com
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 07:20 PM   #7

How sick do you want? Some are terminal!
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:54 PM   #8

....anthony desnick.....what insulation are you using and what thickness in the coach body?.....what are you BTU requirements for the whole box hot and cold?....geofkaye
Old 11-03-2005, 07:04 PM   #9

Geof
we will use diferent configurations depending on climate and customer preference. The 24 footer on our website has 1/2" foil backed rigid foam that covers the framing on the interior. The 16K BTU furnace is ducted into the LR and BR with heat borrowed into the bathroom. In MN that coach was warm in 28 degree weather without the furnace running for too long at a stretch.
anthony desnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:16 PM   #10

....so what is your over all R- Values? do you use polyisocynate or styrofoam?....My trailer has a R-15 wall and ceiling with polyiso with spray can foam for a filler...it will heat with 1500 watt heaters [2] to 74 degrees when it is zero out....I have a pellet stove that when set on low will put out 7500 BTU's for 8 hours[32,000 on High] and I have to vent heat at nite or sleep naked.....dog pants all nite...AC is the same way- It gets too cold with the one overhead[13500btu] and the rollabout[9000btu] going all the time so I have to cut off the overhead unite or sleep with a insulated cover over my old butt or I wake up cold and miserable.....what is your precentage of square feet to window? Is your floor insulated-I forgot that on my trailer and the dog lays spread eagle to keep cool with the heat on.....any sign of Humidity problems?...condensate on windows in the morning or stale air.....what is you intake percentage of circulating air at lets say 50 degrees?......I'll be up in January/February after I get back from Florida to see a coach in production-I'm interested in your design and specs for a new coach to replace my unite in late 2006......but I got to finish this house I just bought- it needs to be gutted and rebuilt inside and out over the winter and summer of 2006....always something.....geofkaye
Old 12-30-2008, 02:33 PM   #11

Still looking as of Dec 30, 2008.