Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 09-28-2014, 05:51 PM   #1

Default Transmission conversion

I have a 1997 Kenworth T2000 with an Eaton 10 speed manual transmission. Can I convert this transmission to AutoShift?

robert1555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 09:43 AM   #2

I think it's going to cost a ton. Pretty sure the first generation auto shift trans would transplant in there. It might even be possible to just convert that trans to autoshift without replacing the entire trans. Still need to use the clutch pedal to start and stop the truck. I did some googling and found a bunch of posts about converting from the autoshift to a manual. Looks like it's not a huge deal to do that. So, I would think the opposite should be true too. Here's one thing I found that might help:

Who do I contact for help?
First, call our Roadranger Call Center, your best source for general information and help. Or, you can contact a field representative in your area for sales, service or parts assistance.
Roadranger Call Center
(Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week)
Toll Free – North America (800) 826-HELP (4357)
Toll Free – Mexico 001 (800) 826.4357
Find Nearest Roadranger Representative
Use Online Look Up to search for nearest Roadranger representative
What can the Roadranger Call Center tell me?
Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, the Roadranger Call Center is primarily designed to assist car users, operators and service providers in the field. While much of this information is available online, it’s also an excellent source of support for car makers’ questions on:

Old 10-02-2014, 09:40 PM   #3

Talked to the Call Center. Real nice guy. He was very knowledgeable and informative. On some other forums I have read about going from an AutoShift to manual and they were saying that the transmission is the very same and that conversion was pretty simple so I thought if you could go from Auto Shift to manual you should be able to go from manual to Auto Shift but the Call Center guy says that IS NOT the case. The transmissions are different and people making those conversions are risking "blowing the tail section of the transmission off". Was disappointed that I couldn't make the conversion from manual to AutoShift but glad I didn't have it done and it blow up. Thanks for the Call Center info.
robert1555 is offline   Reply With Quote