Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 10-08-2014, 03:43 PM   #1

Default Scan Gauge D

good afternoon all, did on search on this and did not find anything so was just wondering if anyone uses this tool and where does it plug into on 2009 freight liner Columbia 450 HP Mercedes. The diagnostic port is next to drivers seat but not sure if that is where this goes or is it under the dash someplace. thanks for any help.

PapaD

2013 Haulmark 45' triple silde

PapaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:50 PM   #2

I have one - doesnt really give you that (more) much info over what the gauges already provide.
It connects to the diag port next to the drivers seat.

The gauge came with a long enough cable such that i was able to plug it in to the port & then hide the cable under the carpet and behind the dash (i hate having cables dangling or showing).

I don't have a picture of it on my dash - i'll get one tomorrow & post it before i head out to CoTA Tomorrow afternoon.

bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:14 PM   #3

Pictures of the ScanGauge & TST TPMS/Temp Monitor -

Old 10-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #4

Bushpilot

thanks for the info and the pictures, I know this duplicates some of the gauges but was looking at it more from the gas mileage and trip info not sure if I will go with this or not. Part of what I was concerned about was the wires and location as I to do not like things moving and wires strung all of the place. I did get my TST monitor system but not have it installed as of yet. How did you mount your monitor to dash with some velcro? The description same it came with a dash mount but all I a seem to have is the suction cup for the windshield and a small base with a blade that it sits on. Also need to get some valve extensions before I can put sensors on as there is no way to tighten down the little allen bolt to hold them on. Seems they have done away with the security wrench thing unless i I got that confused with another brand as I looked at a number and my memory is not what it use to be ha ha.

anyway appreciate the info

papad
PapaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:49 AM   #5

as for the ScanGauge & trip mpg/consumption & range - i would say don't bother....because that feature doesnt really work, its entirely hand calculated & does not seem to pick up any data from the diagnostic port.

yup, velcro is yo' friend

You could use some double sided / 3M body side molding tap - but that would make it considerably more secure & more difficult to remove.

I got the same mounts (suction cup & "desk top" stand).

I've relocated mine TST monitor twice now.

Did you get the flow thru sensors ? I have the (user replaceable) spin ons. I removed the security covers on mine - as I've grown more comfortable...and without the covers its a lot easier to get them on and off (for ~annual battery changes).

without the security covers i haven't had to use the wrench & where I've had one or two that were tight & spun the battery/cover off i just used some right angled long reach pliers.

here's where i used to have the TST Monitor (before i moved it to place the ScanGauge) -