Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 03-25-2003, 07:03 AM   #1
Ox

Official disclaimer: Not validating, recommending, getting sales $$ from, or other stuff about this product. Just saw it, passing it on.

Volvo 610 now comes with an inverter / converter that can be mounted externally. Weatherproof.

http://www.xantrex.com/products/product.asp?did=279

Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 07:20 PM   #2

Location: https://community.webshots.com/photo/93826746/94091929JnrVfF

Ok -- I'll play Devil's Advocate .......

Most inverters don't fare well below freezing -- they seem to have addressed this issue.

It's only a 1000 watts - although the surge is quite high at 3kw. Mine's 1000/1500w for 5 sec.

It's a modified sine wave -- mine's a true sine wave.

I didn't see a price -- mine was about 700 with a digital full function remote.

Frame mount -- commercial application -- the frame isn't used much -- chain rails come to mind -- for our application -- the frame is GOLD -- storage boxes !!

Spit a cap -- THWAK !!

Also consider theft --- and this puts it further away from the batteries -- than mine. Larger cables are needed.

Mine is completly hidden and somewhat climate controlled.

It does have a battery charger (50A). I use a 10A charger that I have on a timer -- If it ever stops raining long enough -- I'd like to go for a putt !!

In conclusion -- It's interesting -- but not for me.

Now -- I'll pose a thought provoking idea.

Need AC ?? How about heat and air conditioning in the tractor -- all without running the engine ?? How about timer control or thermostat control of temp in the sleeper ??

Do you live in an area that is hot in the summer and go shoping -- just to dread the heat in the cab upon your return ??

Do things get a little "Tight" in the 5th wheel -- and all you want to do is go take a nap in the sleeper - but .. It's 110 degrees on a cloudy day ??

In the trucking industry there are 4 companys that have addressed this issue. As there are several states that have anti-idleing laws.

I don't have the links on this computer -- so I'll do this from memory -- check out ....

Truck gen and read about their APU feature.
Then Pony Pak is another .... Then Pro-Heat/ICE and Rigmaster is the last one.

Ah yes -- I'll drop the wife off at the Mall -- turn on the backup camera - turn up the sound and listen to passers by ...... all in a climate controlled enviroment -- and take a very satisfying NAP !!

This has been entertaining -- takes my mind off the RAIN .. Wish I were in Arizona !!

OLDphoneman
OLDphoneman is offline   Reply With Quote