Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 07-31-2003, 01:11 PM   #61

Really enjoying the pictures of your conversion. Keep them coming. Really looks low in the back or is that just the pictures.

'99 Damon Challenger 310
'00 Malibu Toad

Hamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 01:24 PM   #62

Man that bad boy is looking cool! You have got to be excited to get your hands on it and watch all the on lookers drowl from there dropped jaws.

I had so much fun at Mid-Ohio. When I pulled in to the entrance gate(and remember this is a car/motorcycle race course) the workers and the thousands of spectators where just point and looking like I was from outerspace. I screwed up and was short a few bucks cash so I had to pull around to the credit card gate and that was great. It was like parting the sea, everyone making it a point to move far out of the way. When I drove back to the backside of the course to one of the motorhome sections, every camper in there was pointing and I had a lot of thumbs up.

Only one minor problem when you are the center of attention. I like to have everything spit shined at all times. And that is alot of cleaning and polishing before, during and after a outing. And my wife really hates the fact that we have so many lookers come in and take a tour. It keeps a on my face though knowing that so many people really love the look of these.

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com

Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 01:56 PM   #63

Too funny is the story about the genrator-OTOH- My Coon Hound and I need the background noise or I/we can't sleep. He's up checking the house and peering out windows-and of course waking me up when something needs investigation....so the generator would be of benefit to me...and of course the toilet shower issue has always been a "must have" deal breaker....The truck looks perfect and I'm sure you are getting nervous/excited-thanks for the pix-I really appreciate you sharing them with us...geof in Cincinnati
geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 03:10 PM   #64

Hamie, the back tires are at the bottom of the hill that leads into the shop. I was impressed that it didn't bottom out. My former Safari couldn't have made that grade. Stick around for some pics on flat ground!
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 01:11 PM   #65

I got a few more pics today. Looks like the flooring is down.

http://www.solidaxle.net/pat_sh/
Old 08-06-2003, 08:55 PM   #66

when I ripped out the wireing on my Airstream trailer I had a garbage can full.... threw it away....guess who recycled it....it's in Pat's Showhauler....hehehehe....geof ; > )
Old 08-07-2003, 10:36 AM   #67

I drank alot of beer when I was a teen...guess where the cans are now!! LOL
Old 08-07-2003, 09:04 PM   #68

Sitting in my driveway?....I've thought the same thing many a time....'specially when reinsulating the interior-folding,bending and cutting flat foam to fit a curved interior...OY!...next time I'll get a box trailer-skru that wind drag factor. Two days of that will drive ya nuts-though the finished product can he heated and cooled with very little energy....at one point the girl that works for me said we should paint Budweiser backwards on the interior...geof in Cincinnati
Old 08-09-2003, 10:26 AM   #69

More pics up. Lots of lighting, twin 100 gal. fresh water tanks, looks like 4 speakers in the ceiling. Hot water heater located under the kitchen sink where room is plentiful instead of the usual robbing precious space in the bath. http://www.solidaxle.net/pat_sh/
Old 08-11-2003, 07:42 PM   #70

More pics up! The cabinetry has begun.

http://www.solidaxle.net/pat_SH
Old 08-11-2003, 09:12 PM   #71

Patrick....better start practicin' reachin' for that wallet. It is almost time....betcha can't sleep too well.....; > )...geof
Old 08-11-2003, 09:20 PM   #72

I'd like to post a few pix Butler sent me but I have webtv and I'm not 'puter literate enough to do it. I'd like to send them to one of you guys so you could see what Butler can do....maybe others are interested also....They have modified a Kenworth-flames and all.....geof-near Cincinnati
Old 08-12-2003, 06:54 AM   #73

Email them to me at wera@wera.com and I'll stick them up on my server.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
WERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 07:09 AM   #74

Send them to me Geof and I will get them in.

browell@truckconversion.net

Whoops didn't see your post Sean.

BTW Sean do you race? I am a huge motorcycle race fan (mostly TV all disciplines) but did get to my first Vintage days down at Mid-Ohio and had a blast. I hope to start visiting more tracks in the coming years.

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 10:02 AM   #75

I don't race personally, not enough time these days because I'm always at the track... WERA is a sanctioning body for roadraces. We put them on all over the place including Mid-Ohio this year during the week between the AHRMA races and the AMA Pro stuff. We have a few different series we put on, keeps me busy and justifies having the SH

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
WERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 10:19 AM   #76

Pat: now that i see the photos you have posted ,i remember seeing your rig @ Show Hauler on 8/11-8/12/03.Forgive me but i had to go in and take a look and im sure this unit is going to finish out trick.Enjoy the anticipation while it lasts,i did and wish i had another one in the shop now.Richard

PHELPS
RICHARD PHELPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 09:07 AM   #77

A few more pics up. The generator was relocated!!
http://www.solidaxle.net/pat_SH
Old 08-16-2003, 06:57 PM   #78

Man you just gotta love that shower....a shower for a full sized human being to take a shower in....without stooping over or only washing one body part at a time or squating over a toilet.... full size shower!....I could do without other features -but not a shower....geof-near Cincinnati
Old 08-16-2003, 07:04 PM   #79

Another issue....I see "BIG FOOT" is having a sale...$2495[auto system foe MH]...last time I saw a price it was $4995 if anyone is interested..1.800.752.9815....maybe a deal could be worked if you are interested....cash is still king!...
Old 08-17-2003, 09:45 AM   #80

I don't have a completion date yet, ~should~ be around the 21st though. Angie w/ Hickory Inclosed (my dealer) will pick it up and take it to Hickory, SC where it will be double checked for any warranty issues. I plan to stay within a few hours of Hickory for a couple days...seeing sites etc. and making sure everything is 100% before heading back to Tulsa. I will call my previous RV insurance company, RV Alliance soon for a quote. I called Bigfoot a few months back and the Show Hauler jacks are ones made special for them. I was quoted a cash price then (if I recall correctly) of $1800. A might cheaper than the $4995 SH charges...granted there will be a bit of welding involved. I was told each jack is fully self-contained, just a wire to run to the control panel. I snagged a factory refurbed StarTrac in motion satellite off ebay for $1600, (with a 2 yr. warranty)that saved some bucks too. I have a CB, 2 antennas, 300w linear, 1000w inverter and a stainless accent for my front bumper sitting in my office anxiously waiting for the SHs arrival.