I am a new member and was looking for some feedback on a truck conversion that I am thinking about doing.
First off, let me tell you the intended uses.
1) Hauling boats up to 31 feet, mostly local but some longer distances
2) Needs to have storage to securely store tools, parts, etc.
3) Needs to have cargo room to transport a 10'x10' trade show booth to a tradeshow, and keep everything dry in inclement weather.
4) Want to keep under a CDL requirement
5) Needs to be fairly reasonable in the cost department (under $17,000)
6) Needs to be sturdy, easy to maintain
7) Be able to haul stuff around the house (mulch, etc)
1) Buy a lower mileage, diesel International 4700
2) Install a late model Ford F350 dually bed and add a folding cover.
I found a low mileage 4700 with a 10 foot dump for $15,000. Thinking I can sell the dump body for a few thousand, buy a used dually bed and install it in place of the dump body.
1) How difficult a project?
2) Will the width of the International frame rails match up to the dually body?
3) Probably will have to cut a few feet of the end of the frame rails, right?
4) Will a dually body work with the hydraulic ram from the dump body or should I axe the dumping mechanism all together and bolt the dually body on the International frame?
Any other potential problems I should be considering?