Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 06-19-2003, 08:42 AM   #1

Well I didn't think I would get a chance to post again before I shoved off for Nashville, but I got some things done ahead of time so here is my lastest mod's. (I will post pictures when I get back after the 4th)

I finished putting my 6" polished SS stripe down the sides of the motorhome last night. I started Monday night and was using my jig saw to make the cut's, but stopped that after one piece. It was pretty straight, but to get it perfect, it took some major time on a belt sander and I just did not have that kind of time. So Tuesday I took all the metal over to a buddy's shop who has a 50 ton metal shear and cut all of the pieces to the exact length. My next concern was getting all of the pieces perfectly straight all the way down the side. And since I was putting these down over the bin doors there where many oportunities to scew up with all of these cut peices. I used a 3M VHB double sided tape designed to replace rivets or screws on metal to metal applications. Once this stuff touches the surface it is going to be adhered to, you ain't getting it off with out a major struggle and something getting ruined. I finally found that if I attached my 6' straight edge with 2 very small peices of the tape, I could butt the edge of the SS to the straight edge and get it right with little trouble. I got about 3 peices up and had to pull the truck out of my buiding to make sure I liked it. It is very very cool looking. The only thing I will probably change is the 2 pieces on either side of the cab. These where about 3" short and I wished I had placed these differently, but it is not bad for now.

The next thing I did was add a signal booster to the VHF/UHF line to the tv's. I absolutely love the TV antenna Show Hauler uses over the crank up type you see on most RV's. (No chance to forget it is up and get it knocked down) But the signal is not quite is good and the last 3 places we have been I could not fire the satellite through all of the trees. I found a Motorola Signal Booster which seemed to be the highest power out there and WOW what a difference that made. If the picture is almost total snow, with this it comes in perfectly clear. This thing was not cheap at $95, but definetly worth the money. I got that through Amazon.com, they seemed to have the best price.

Next I removed the fold down system on the dinette and but in 2 center posts to hold up the table. I went with 29" posts which raise the table slightly and now it really makes it nice to sit at the table without that end leg getting in the way. This really looks nice as well. Here is a link --> http://www.camperschoice.com/cgi-bin...&group_id=1079 Note if you use the dinette for sleeping, you may not want to do this mod, it is much easier to convert the table into a bed with the current fold down system Show Hauler uses.

I chucked the small pukie air horns under the hood and went with a set of Beam horns, which fit perfect and have a much better apperance and sound. Here is a link where I got these -> http://www.buytruckstuff.com/product...y=18&p_gpID=52

I replaced the old out dated turn signal indacators on the side of the fenders with these millinum LED lights. These look very cool. http://www.iowa80.com/iowa80/iowa80/...y?prodid=00648

I also replaced the gray material which seperated the cab & the motorhome with the matching material used on all of my seats. I wasn't sure if that would make much of a difference, but it really ties the whole rig together now. I have some material left over and I am going to make covers to go over the lower section of my Bostrom seats. (To hide the air & scissor section of the seat)

A few things I updated which where affiliated with my iRV2 site. I added a Blue Streak Chemical System which adds toilet chemical each time you flush versus adding a whole bunch after you dump the tanks. I also was given a FloJet VSB water pump to test. This is the lastest technology and the pump only runs at the speed required for the current water load. This eliminates that on/off most pumps give you. I will have some feedback on this after the 4th.

I will have pic's of all of this stuff when I get back. And I really can't think of anything else I can do to this thing to make it any better. I am not sure what I am going to do with my self, I guess I will have to work on those projects my wife has been bugging me to do on the house.

Bill

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com

Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 06:23 AM   #2

WoW! did these turn out cool. I really wanted to get these made before I left for Nashville and what a difference. Really cleans up the look of the cab.

Old 06-20-2003, 06:43 AM   #3

I forgot to mention this upgrade I made. There is a ton of storage space under the bed, but no real easy way to get at it. So I added gas struts to easily raise the bed. This thing is perfectly balanced and with the flip of the latch will raise up without help. It also is very easy to close, my 8 year old can pull it back down without a problem.

Old 06-20-2003, 06:48 AM   #4

Replaced the old raise and lower system with 2 center legs. This really looks nice and it makes the table alot easier to use for 4 people. Since we do not use the dinette for sleeping, I don't have a need to lower the table for now. The legs do pop off and I can lower it if needed.

Old 06-20-2003, 07:10 AM   #5

Here is at least a sneak peak of the polished stripe I put down the sides. I haven't had a chance to pull the rig out of the shelter yet.