Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 07-15-2021, 01:29 AM   #21

Default If you're still shopping for a van

I decided I like torture too..... I mean, I decided to do the same.it is very possible, and can make for an awesome rig! One issue people mention is space. I opted for a single drop "wish I coulda found a double drop" retired 48' mayflower van. I cant imagine the 5' will be missed inside, but it definitely makes a difference when parking space is tight. I also have a 2 axle truck which helps, but mostly wanted to suggest the consideration of a 48' van

450rguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 01:37 AM   #22

Default Car lift

I was just scrolling your pics, and am curious about your vehicle lift. I have considered welding my doors, and making a lift using them so I can keep a basic appearance on the exterior. Problem is, I am not en engineer, and will likely need something prefab

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwcslvr1 View Post
Gearhead, your project is very doable. We've done 4 different conversions of our own and are soon to start a 5th. Our smallest was a 50ft (the red one in the link) all others were 53'x102''. The current one we have is the white trailer with dual patios in the link below. That's also the one all the construction photos are of. We are presently in a paint and body shop getting a complete custom full body paint job. We use our conversions full time as we travel and manage motorsports facility's as a career. I'm sure you'll have lots of questions after you've looked through the photos in the link (694) of them! Haven't captioned them yet ,sorry. Be glad to assist with honest answers to any questions from a person that has really "been there, done that" and am going to do it again, LOL ! We are presently on winter hiatus so have plenty of free time. send me a PM and I'll send you my #.
Get a liquid libation as there are a lot of pics!
glad to help,
Patrick
https://rubickscubetrailerproject.sh...com/pictures/8

Old 07-15-2021, 01:38 AM   #23

Who makes the vehicle lift? For whatever reason, I cannot find one
Old 07-15-2021, 02:43 AM   #24

Thank you for sharing all pics! I have a single drop mayflower van under construction.
Old 07-15-2021, 09:23 AM   #25

Default Trailer specs

When I did my truck conversion (90" KW Aerodyne cabover with 32ft box with garage) I considered using an old freight box. But they are built rather flimsly. I instead had American Truck Body in Fontana, Ca custom build (to my blue prints) a 32ft box built with 1.5" square steel tubing 1/8" thick welded at 16" intervals with .063" aluminum skin glued over with 1" marine grade plywood floors. The box alone weighs 10,000lbs. Consider doing the same.

TomRC is offline   Reply With Quote