Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 01-13-2020, 03:26 PM   #1

Default 4 star 2 horse slant

I have attached images of the trailer, and a floor plan.

I want to make a toy hauler out of this trailer, we have had it for ... about 20 years. This bad boy tows so smooth behind an F250 you can keep a wine glass on the dash at hwy speeds.

My horse has 4 wheels and an off button now, and if that changes we will be getting a new trailer for that animal anyways.

As far as I can tell, no enclosed trailer on the market is as tough or well built as a horse trailer. This one should be plenty of room for our favorite activities... Bicycles, Kayaks, I am not sure the ATV is staying. Strongly considering an enduro motorbike... probably Kawasaki.

I have it set up ok, but it is entirely uninsulated with few amenities. Like water... or a toilet. I removed the "tack room" in the back and modified the latching system to fit my 4 wheeler in there. I am considering putting it back in (welding) and making it a utility closet for the water and power on the left, and a cargo bay door on the right for bikes, yaks, and motorbike to be stored down the center "gally".

I am struggling with a floor plan and could use some direction here... obviously.

So I am wondering if anyone has converted one of these successfully, and if it is worth the trouble.

I have the skill, but unsure how reasonable my goal is.

I used it a lot as is, and would like to make it better and keep my old trailer for years to come.
Attached Thumbnails
TRAILER15.jpg   TRAILER14.jpg   TRAILER8.jpg   TRAILER7.jpg   TRAILER10.jpg  

IronPercheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:47 AM   #2

a)
GVWR?

b)
I designed a similar size for my neighbors to construct for me.
SilverLite horse trailer manufacturer in Springfield Oregon.
Unfortunately, they were another casualty of the 2008 bankers contraction.
This's a shame.
We were set to start construction on an aluminum goose-neck tandem dually, GVWR of 24,000#.
We designed, they engineered, massive tanks for drinking water, and transfer fuel tanks.
And a slide-out BBQ.
LargeMarge is offline   Reply With Quote