Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 07-30-2008, 08:23 PM   #1

What do you folks think of this one? Looks like a premium build conversion. I like the dark gray color. Wish it had an cabover bunk.

Sold for $45.1k.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte...em=190239785912&rd=1

Auction closes, Monday, Aug 4, 2:30pm, PST.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte...2&fromMakeTrack=true

Text from the ad

2004 CUSTOM BUILT 39' DIESEL PETERBILT MOTORHOME 12MPG
Vehicle Description

UNIT WAS COMPLETELY BUILT AND REGISTERED IN WI AS A PETERBILT MOTORHOME IN 2004. THE ACTUAL CHASSIS IS A 1995 PETERBILT MODEL: 330 COMPLETLY REBUILT DURING THE COMPLETION OF THE MOTORHOME. SINCE BEING REBUILT UNIT HAS 12,000 MILES ON IT. UNIT BEING SOLD DUE TO OWNERS HEALTH.

CAT DIESEL
DYNO'S PERFECT AT 230HP
MILES PER GALLON 12 PLUS
6 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION
NEW AIR RIDE DRIVER AND PASSENGER SEAT
BIG FOOT AUTO LEVELING SYSTEM - ABLE TO LIFT UNIT 10 PLUS INCHES OFF GROUND
PAC BREAK
PETERBILT AIR RIDE CHASSIS SUSPENSION
29' CUSTOM BODY BY MARION BODY WORKS
ONAN GENERATOR - 5,000 WATT LP
OVERSIZED KOHLER SHOWER STALL
PRIVATE BATH AREA
95% FRONT TIRES - 80% REAR
FLAT SCREEN TV
1/4" THICK ALUMINUM ROOF- ABLE TO SUPPORT HEAVY ROOFTOP LOADS FOR VIEWING SPORTING EVENTS
LEATHER SOFA
CUSTOM PAINT
PACIFIC WINDOWS - THERMO-PANE
OUTSIDE AWNING
OAK CABINETS WITH CORIAN COUNTERTOPS
ALCOA WHEELS
125 GALLON FUEL TANK - CAPABLE OF 1500 MILE - PLUS RANGE
DOOR BETWEEN CAB AND MOTORHOME PROVIDES DRIVE PRIVACY (CLOSE OFF IF DESIRED)
AUTOMATIC STEPS
NEW CHASSIS BATTERIES
STORED IN HEATED GARAGE YEAR ROUND- SEE PICTURES
6" FOAM INSULATION ROOF AND FLOORS, 3" IN SIDEWALLS - EXTREMELY QUIET - HEATS & COOLS EASILY
VERY UNIQUE UNIT - DRAWS ATTENTION WHEREVER IT GOES. CONTACT JIM @ 920-362-7220 WITH ANY QUESTIONS.

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:31 PM   #2

Looks nice,... wonder what it'll sell for?
At 230hp, it might be a little under powered.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:09 PM   #3

....little underpowered????.....probably 75mph tops.....geofkaye
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:02 AM   #4

I spoke to the owner/builder. Sounded like a reasonable person.

He says it was a Pete with a box on the back.

He bought the truck, had the box removed, had a box company build him an FRP box on it. Then he framed it, insulated, then plywood and finished it up.

I think he says he's going to allow the auction to run it's course since there is no reserve on it. He expects $45-55k. He even said if you buy it and don't like it, there is no forcing you to complete the sale.
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:05 PM   #5

...and you believe/trust him?....I think the issue is "breach of contract" IIRC....sounds like a slam-dunk to me....buyer-be-aware!....geofkaye
Old 08-01-2008, 03:28 PM   #6

He told me that if I buy it and don't like it when I see it in person, I'm not obligated to complete the transaction.

This sounded better than, "If you buy it and back out, I'll sue you..."

He seems somewhat flexible. Which usually is better than a hardliner approach.

I wonder how much it will sell for.

I'm not fond of the interior with the couch and foward side door, but I guess you work with what you have.

What questions would you ask a builder of such an item to be confident it doesn't catch on fire or wires short out, or just one problem after another?
Old 08-01-2008, 07:06 PM   #7

...would you buy a "registered dog" with "papers"-over the e-net-sight unseen with a deposit but not in writing?...nothing that isn't on paper counts for anything-your buying BS.....get everything on paper first and have a 3rd party check it.....there are scammers all over the place trying to unload all kinds of stuff to have money to eat/drink and buy marrys these days....why do you think it is so hard to buy a house now-banks took it in the back side on houses and will do almost anything to have you keep the house you bought....take the "hardliner approach" and follow good business policy's.....or as they say in Kentucky "you got to turn over every rock in the creek sometimes to see what is what".....plenty of older people pay way too much for a motorhome because they don't follow good business practices....and don't have any person they can rely on to guide them but a salesmonkey.....buyer-be-aware....geofkaye-and yes I get the hose now and then.......