Originally posted by Smile:
Alan, do you run an air-conditioner and do you run it off batteries and an inverter?
I asked this question in another forum and the consensus was running an A/C from a battery/inverter system was not feasible.
Yes, I do. It works great!
- We only have one, 13.5k BTU A/C unit on the roof.
- We have a *big* battery pack; 980 Amp hrs.
- We don't camp in the desert in the summer
so our A/C needs may be less than yours.
- We primarily dry camp and are very concious of power requirements.
- We have 250W of solar panels to help recharge the batteries.
- We don't stay in one place very long and the 200 Amp truck alternator is tied into the coach batteries so they're charging whenever we're on the move.
- We have a 2.5 kW, Xantrex inverter so we might have problems if we wanted to run the A/C, microwave, toaster, and hair dryer (for my wife's hair, I don't have any) at the same time but I've never tried to do this.