Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 08-29-2018, 04:10 PM   #1
leo

Default GMC C7500 conversion

I have a 2001 GMC C7500 and would like help to find out any information regarding to where to start or what i need to make the conversion from propane ( what it currently runs on) to gas ( what i want it to run on)if anyone would know anybody who knows how to do this or has any tips or can tell me what i need to do the conversion that would really help

leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 05:38 PM   #2

Default Propane

From the fact that this is a C7500 and runs on propane I'm assuming its an old Schwans truck? If it is and has been propane its whole life I'm just wondering why you want to change it? Back when I worked for them the trucks had the 8.1 propane powered big block. They made great power, ran many days of route on 1 tank, and were very easy to refuel. Propane is really not that hard to get. There is a place to refuel in virtually every city and town. The only problem I would see would be 24 hour access to a fill up. But the cost to switch to a fuel that costs more and gives worse mileage might not be worth the trade.

sweetfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 07:47 PM   #3

Not to mention the fact that it has been proven that propane engines will have nearly NO deposits or gunk build-up inside the engine. In fact, they run nearly deposit free. You'd have an engine that would show nearly no age to it.
kruser79 is offline   Reply With Quote