Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 03-21-2019, 10:10 AM   #1

Default Savannah KOA

So I made my reservation, called them to confirm that they had a site big enough for my RV and trailer. When I got there I found out they don't have any sites big enough at all. I had to empty and unhook the trailer then go park the rv and walk back to get the car and the golf cart. At which time they objected to me using a gas golf cart. (which I had to unload to push the trailer). Later that night they came by to complain about the trailer taking up to much space in their parking lot.
The space we were on was just large enough to turn my wife's car sideways at the rear of the site, Which drew more complaints because it was "too close" to the road. Not in the road but too close.
Then the neighbors showed up with their barkers. Which had the neighbors on the other side thinking it was my dogs. Which let to more griping and finger pointing.
In the end we actually did have a good time. We stayed outside of town to avoid the festivities and in the evenings it was a quiet park. Most of the campers were passing through, so our neighbors changed every day. Several of them took note of the Truck Conversion and asked questions. Most complained about the tight spots. One gentleman suggested we go look at his spot because it was "roomy". It was because his class A was only about 28ft long. Flat towing a CRV.
So I'll give the park a 2 out of 5. It's quiet and clean. I would recommend that you call and talk to one of the managers if you make a reservation there. They seem to be the only ones who know how small the sites are.

solo318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:32 PM   #2

You were much more generous than I would have been given the circumstances.

Started looking for 379 Peterbilt TC, 24' to 30' box, bumper pull--but ended up w/1999 Liberty Coach conversion of 45' Prevost XLV bus. 1,000sf heated/AC'd race shop w/dump station, 50amp shore pwr where bus parks, 3 NASCAR/ARCA race cars & 26' Bravo trailer.
#90-GTSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 05:46 AM   #3

Default pics please of your rig

this is happening more and more j
jhud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:40 AM   #4

Not the place for a meet and greet for our conversions, we need some room! Lol!
Old 07-01-2019, 10:03 AM   #5

personally, I'm not a fan of KOAs....they seem to be family oriented (aka lots of kids running around), with lots of rules...that are inconsistently enforced.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote