View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 10:04 PM   #105
Bob86ZZ4

38Chevy454, what are you doing to power yours? I only get about 6-8 hrs. run time on my two golf cart 6 volt batteries. Then it doesn't seem to have enough juice to start the compressor. If I switch the battery switch to add in my 3 truck batteries it will kick on the compressor and run the fridge. I don't know how long since I don't want to run down my truck batteries and not be able to get it started. I have a good area between the frame rails at the back where I think I can mount 4 more 6 volt batteries. I've bought two and will fabricate the rack to mount those two first. Should be pretty easy to add two batteries first and wire into the system. Then I might add two more. I want to fabricate the mounting system for 2 batteries at a time. I'll try running the system with the 4 batteries and see how that goes. If it'll run for a couple days maybe I won't bother with another pair. We'll see. Curious what 38Chevy is using for batteries since your fridge is bigger than mine (theoretically it should need more battery power to run?).