View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 10:14 PM   #74
Bob86ZZ4

Well, the plot thickens. I got the 2k inverter all installed. It runs the fridge for about 5 minutes and then starts giving me a beep about every 30 seconds and flashes the 04 error code. The manual says that's an overheat code. Then the display goes back to the voltage/watts reading until it beeps again and flashes the error. It keeps doing this. If I have the fridge door open when it beeps the light and motor go off momentarily and then come back on. I don't think it's overheating. The thing is only showing it putting out about 110 watts when it's running. And the cooling fans haven't come on. I called the tech support number and Sean told me he suspects a logic problem. He said to disconnect the inverter from power for 2 hours. He also suggested if that doesn't work I should run a cord direct from the fridge to the inverter. Well, the reset didn't solve it. Still acts the same. So I plugged it directly into the inverter (bypassing the auto switch) and still it works the same. I tried unplugging the fridge and plugging a 32" led tv. It ran the tv fine for about 15 minutes (had to leave but I suspect it would have run forever that way). I can run the fridge on shore power without any indication of a overload. And, I'm only plugging my coach into a 20 amp wall socket. Even with the fridge and my 55 amp converter/charger running it won't trip that wall breaker. I just don't think it's overloading the inverter. If that were the case wouldn't it trip it right off when the compressor kicks on? It seems there is some sort of other problem. I'll be calling Sean again tomorrow to see what he suggests. Just thought I'd post here in case anybody has any other ideas. I'm thinking the 600 watt inverter wasn't the problem either since that runs it for several minutes before doing the same thing. Oh well. I hope I get it figured out. I did take a bunch of pictures showing the rest of the install. No time to post now though. Good night.