View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 05:29 PM   #44
Bob86ZZ4

Yes Don, it's almost all HDT's pulling 5th wheels. But they are all a bunch of nice people. And there has been a Truck Conversion at 5 of the last 6 Rallys (mine). And there has been another T/C at the last two. Actually I think there were two at the last one but I wasn't there. Most of the informational sessions are geared toward towing a 5th wheel with a HDT. But some of them are useful for us too. One of the manufacturers that comes to display does Truck Conversions (Spacecraft).

So, now the good. It's located in the middle of the country. The campgrounds is huge and there is lots of room for big rigs. The rate is pretty good. It's at the end of the summer (October) so off season for just about everybody. There are lots of great attractions in the area. They have great social hours. Everybody was real nice to me even though that's a hard thing to be. I'm quite sure there would be no animosity toward T/C's by anybody. There have been some people that want to learn more about T/C's and checked out my rig.

I think it would be great to get a bunch of T/C's there. Of camper rally's I suspect this one is the closest to our needs, or wants. All of the work organizing and planning is done. I think it would be pretty hard to organize and carry off a Truck Conversions Rally with more than about 5 rigs. I say we just keep on infiltrating the HDT crowd. I'll bet we could even organize a one or two hour session to talk about the virtues of Truck Conversions if there was enough interest. There isn't a lot of open time in the schedule there but there is some. I sure have had a bunch of fun there, my wife even likes to go because of all the nice people we've become friends with. Let's go!