View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 08:01 PM   #95
Bob86ZZ4

I think I'd rather flat tow than dolly. I know a guy that wrecked a few tires putting his car on the dolly before he figured out that raising the front tires changed the angle of the back tires and the alignment was all out of whack then on the back. I think he finally figured out how to get it aligned so it wouldn't scrape off the back tires when dolly'ing. But it needed some clever alignment guy. Also, most of the dolly's I've seen seem kind of rickety. If the car is flat towable (there's charts and such to see what cars can be flat towed and what can't) I'd go that way. Very easy to hook up and release. Or I'd look into a nice tandem axle open trailer just big enough for your toad. Aluminum for sure. But then you have to deal with the trailer and where to put it when not using it. That would open up more possibilities for toads though. And you could take different cars all the time and not be stuck with just the one that's outfitted with the flat towing hardware.