View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 12:10 PM   #8
Bob86ZZ4

I went to a truck wash outside Fargo. Don't remember the name, maybe BlizzardND will tell us? I was very happy with the price and they did a pretty good job I think. The only concern I have is those high pressure jet nozzles. They don't touch the truck at all. They used about 6 guys with the pressure sprayers. I just don't like the idea of those things because I fear if they don't do it just right they're going to force water into all the places it shouldn't be. Around the clearance lights and windows, any vents and such, etc.... And I don't think the high pressure does that good. My wife and I have got it down to a pretty good routine. We use a bucket with rv wash/water. I use one of those long extendable handles with the soft brush end. It's made to hook up to a hose but we don't hook it up. She uses the hose with a spray nozzle. We do sections at a time. She sprays a section, I follow behind with the soapy brush, then she moves behind to spray that section down washing the soap/dirt off. We work our way along that way leapfrogging until we've gotten all the way around. Then the time consuming part. We have to set up two large step ladders, one on each side of the windshield. Then we put a Little Giant extendable aluminum plank across from one to the other. Then we climb out onto that with a bucket of soapy water and rags. This is the best way for us to clean off the sleeper overhang section that comes over the cab. Living in MN that area gets a good mess of bugs when I have to drive at night. I don't like to stand on the engine to clean it because it's too hard to reach the edges. Can't stand on the hood because it's fiberglass and slopes a bit too. Last step we spray the rims and wipe them down with a rag and soapy water. Final rinse and throw those rags out. Brake dust is nasty stuff, best to dispose of. I'd guess we're under an hour start to finish. Doesn't cost much for soap and old t-shirts. We could do this method on the road if we brought the rv wash soap and that long handle brush. But those ladders and the plank would be hard to take along.