View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #39
Bob86ZZ4

Great pictures and work. Those storage doors look nice. Do they have gas charged supports to keep them up? Or are you going to put some sort of brackets/clips to hold them open? I think gas charged would be best. But I wouldn't put those little plastic clip things that a lot of class C's use. My previous camper had them and I didn't like them. They don't hold that good and they break.

For that awning am I understanding that they are manual type with the long support arm bolting to the siding at the bottom with a pivot point there? If that's the case what about making a metal arm that bridges the wheel well opening? That could provide your base mounting location. Of course it would need to be removable to get the wheels off. Is there no other way to shift the whole thing forward or rearward to make it work? I think I'd go find a nice automatic awning instead. They don't extend nearly as far down the side of the coach. I have an automatic and my brother has a manual on his trailer. So much better to have the auto.