View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
Bob86ZZ4

Dick, first off thanks a ton for coming to Road America and hanging out with us. That was great to meet you and very nice of you.

I got these lights from Camping World. They have 36 diodes and are supposedly 350 lumens. Daylight 5500 degree or something. Double pancake they call them. They're a bit smaller footprint than the two tube fixtures I took out. So they also sell a plastic base plate thingy bezel that fits behind to make them almost the same size. I got those since I have the padded vinyl and the old lights left a mark. I got them "on sale" for $40 each. Now I just looked at their web site and found them here: Double Pancake LED Light Fixture - Diamond Distribution Group Llc 52430 - LED Lighting - Camping World

"on sale" for $56.69. Huh? I don't know how they figure their prices. I'd just keep checking and when they get below $40 buy.

It's kind of hard to see the difference in my crappy pictures. But, they are a different color and brighter. And they don't use any power I guess, compared to flourescents.

Very easy to install for me. I just unscrewed the old ones and pulled them down. Cut the black and white wires. Used crimp on butt connectors to attach the new wires. Screwed them back up. Takes a few minutes per light.