View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 04:41 PM   #3
BravestDog

It looks like a nice machine.

Lots of interesting features like outdoor flood lights, rear storage...

When you look at the lower outside access doors, they seem to be different in height which alters the potential for smoother lines. Do you think that's NRC's work or modified by owner?

Does this look like an stock NRC rig or modified by owner?

Think he'd take $75? Any of you folks know the owner?

The ad says this: CATERPILLAR 3406B 425 HP MECHANICAL DIESEL. ROADRANGER RTO 14613 OD MANUAL TRANS.

What does mechanical diesel mean? Is there another option like electronic diesel...? Difference...?

Is the tranny considered a good unit?

"THE 2 AIR CONDITIONERS ON THE ROOF ARE 15000 BTU'S."

Is this sufficent cooling power? How much cooler can these units make the box than outside air temp?

What is your impressions, good/bad...?

I'm looking for more of a working machine than a show machine. Something I can store tools in and work on the road... It appears to be a beast. Just what I need.

With the low mileage on the truck and motor, it would run forever yes?

And the NRC box will operate for years yes? Quality built? Will stay together...?

Noticed that the rear bumper step appears to be a storgae area.

How does this one compare in price and quality to the rig the webmaster recently sold?
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote