Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Building Your Own (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f97/)
-   -   Int. S1654LP Retired UHAUL Build (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f97/int-s1654lp-retired-uhaul-build-7096/)

bushpilot 09-02-2015 02:55 PM

bydesign -

pretty neat !

hey if you're ever in houston i could use a good mentoring on Aluminum Tigging ! Ive got everything....including the cold beer

bydesign 09-03-2015 07:57 AM

welding

Quote:

Originally Posted by bushpilot (Post 44248)
bydesign -

pretty neat !

hey if you're ever in houston i could use a good mentoring on Aluminum Tigging ! Ive got everything....including the cold beer

I have TIGGed but that was done with a spool gun on a single phase Hobart 190... spatter gun... Thanks

bushpilot 09-03-2015 10:24 AM

wire/mig isnt a problem for me....tigging aluminum is proving a bit more difficult.

bydesign 04-06-2016 11:00 AM

Toter Now on the chopping block... FOR SALE

So my budget toter is now on the market I am stepping up to a larger rig to do some trips cross country... garage holds a Jeep TJ or LJ

asking $12,000

but open to offers

just completed a 600+ round trip last weekend and she ran perfectly

J_BYDESIGN@yahoo.com

Bob86ZZ4 04-06-2016 04:04 PM

Have you found a replacement? A friend of mine is selling his truck. It works great for hauling a Jeep on the deck and a trailer of whatever you want. 2003 International HD Jeep Hauler & 5th Wheel Tow Vehicl for Sale in NASHVILLE, TN | RacingJunk Classifieds

This a beautiful build too. And I know he's motivated and will sell it for a bit less than that asking price.

bydesign 04-07-2016 08:27 AM

Thank you... That is definitely a sweet ride... I have contacted him regarding more info and pictures

Bob86ZZ4 04-09-2016 05:53 PM

Good, he's a great guy. For sure I wouldn't expect him to screw you on it. The bed was built by 2L Trucks in Texas. And then he had JW Morgan do a bunch of improvements on it in Tennessee. I've seen the truck at the HDT Rally and it's real nice. He's got a ton of money into that build. You'd save lots buying that over building something similar.

bydesign 05-19-2016 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob86ZZ4 (Post 45511)
Good, he's a great guy. For sure I wouldn't expect him to screw you on it. The bed was built by 2L Trucks in Texas. And then he had JW Morgan do a bunch of improvements on it in Tennessee. I've seen the truck at the HDT Rally and it's real nice. He's got a ton of money into that build. You'd save lots buying that over building something similar.

looks great but he threw a ton of $ at a truck that just does not hold its value... I found a COE satalite rig... but thanks

Bob86ZZ4 05-20-2016 12:29 PM

Apples to oranges I think. Disregarding how much money he threw at it, I think for $37k that truck would certainly retain quite a bit of it's value now. I built up my '86 Corvette for track use. I put a ton of money into it. I sold it for pennies on the dollar. The guy that bought it drove it for a year and sold it for the same as what he paid me for it. So yes, I put a ton of $ into a car that did not hold it's value. But, now it's holding it's value. Oh well. I'm glad you've found something that works for you.