Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Truck Conversion General Discussions (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f104/)
-   -   I just joined! (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f104/i-just-joined-7091/)

THUNDERUSONE 11-23-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bushpilot (Post 43096)
i tried to pick a space over the phone when i made the reservation but they told me the front row was full & that the spaces were not assigned until i arrived. :(

we're gonna head that way tomorrow

my brother in law lives in fort walton / destin so we'll be in his driveway wednesday & thursday night before we head up to perdido key rv on friday morning (early) ;)

I was thinking we might stay monday & tuesday night at St Rosa RV Resort - i didnt necessarily wanna drive the entire trip in one day (was gonna take our time...but plans change when family is involved).

I just called St Rosa to book the week before Christmas and they told me that they don't allow golf carts for insurance reasons. Wtf?

bushpilot 11-28-2014 09:44 PM

st rosa in navarre was nice....the spaces are good size w/ a fair amount of "side" yard/grass.
cant say the same for perdido cove though....although the slots are adequate.

we did find a nice lunch spot (I'm sure dinner wouldn't be bad either)...but its also a fantastic spot to watch the sunset.

https://www.facebook.com/sunsetgrilleperdido

THUNDERUSONE 11-29-2014 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bushpilot (Post 43118)
st rosa in navarre was nice....the spaces are good size w/ a fair amount of "side" yard/grass.
cant say the same for perdido cove though....although the slots are adequate.

we did find a nice lunch spot (I'm sure dinner wouldn't be bad either)...but its also a fantastic spot to watch the sunset.

https://www.facebook.com/sunsetgrilleperdido

That's good to hear about St. Rosa. We have eaten at Sunset many times. It does have a beautiful sunset over the bay for sure. I am going to drive over and look at St. Rosa in the toad while we are in Orange Beach over xmas and check it out.

As.far as Perdido goes, that's why I made the comment about getting on the front row. It's really tight for me getting in there when it's full. You can't beat the convenience though. You guys be safe.

PeterBuiltThisCity 01-04-2015 08:45 PM

Wow. That is a sweet rig. Love your TV conversion. What kind of motorboat is that in the shop pic?

THUNDERUSONE 01-05-2015 09:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Outerlimits.

THUNDERUSONE 01-05-2015 06:13 PM

4 Attachment(s)
The Money Shot. :D

THUNDERUSONE 01-05-2015 06:26 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Few more down at the Emerald Coast Poker Run.

THUNDERUSONE 01-05-2015 06:33 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Few more boating pics.

THUNDERUSONE 01-05-2015 06:39 PM

When you start squeezing on it it throws a tail about 50' high and a 100 yards long. It is not spray either. It is a MOUNTAIN of water coming out of the back of it. You do do not want to get caught in the rooster for even a split second when I am on the hammers.

Mntom 01-05-2015 07:09 PM

Dang, that looks like a wild ride! I am impressed with the picture of the screws! How many ponies?

bushpilot 01-05-2015 08:25 PM

because one roots blower (per engine) is never enough ;)

THUNDERUSONE 01-05-2015 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mntom (Post 43282)
Dang, that looks like a wild ride! I am impressed with the picture of the screws! How many ponies?

2,200hp on 93 octane. 2,600hp on 100 Octane with the little pullies on the chargers.

THUNDERUSONE 01-05-2015 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bushpilot (Post 43283)
because one roots blower (per engine) is never enough ;)

4 is better than 2 right? :D These are actually quadrotor whipple superchargers. They are a screw type charger with a male and female rotor. Those 2 low profile blowers are axial rear entry blowers and they can move way more air than a 1471 roots. They are extremely efficient also. They take about 100hp less to drive them than an equivalent roots type set up. It's all EFI with MOAC (Mother Of All Coolers) Intercoolers. The intercooler is over 4" thick and sits down in the manifold made out of cuprous nickle. They take raw water out of the lake and then dump it out of the sides of the boat. It shoots 3 1" streams out of both sides of the boat about 20' when you are in it. My intake air temp is usually only a couple of degrees warmer than ambient air Temps even at 17#'s of boost depending on water temp. They also have knock protection. If they sense detonation, they will pull timing out or add fuel or both until it stops it. It is unbelievable how far this technology has come in the last 10 years. They are turn key reliable as well.

Mntom 01-06-2015 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THUNDERUSONE (Post 43285)
4 is better than 2 right? :D These are actually quadrotor whipple superchargers. They are a screw type charger with a male and female rotor. Those 2 low profile blowers are axial rear entry blowers and they can move way more air than a 1471 roots. They are extremely efficient also. They take about 100hp less to drive them than an equivalent roots type set up. It's all EFI with MOAC (Mother Of All Coolers) Intercoolers. The intercooler is over 4" thick and sits down in the manifold made out of cuprous nickle. They take raw water out of the lake and then dump it out of the sides of the boat. It shoots 3 1" streams out of both sides of the boat about 20' when you are in it. My intake air temp is usually only a couple of degrees warmer than ambient air Temps even at 17#'s of boost depending on water temp. They also have knock protection. If they sense detonation, they will pull timing out or add fuel or both until it stops it. It is unbelievable how far this technology has come in the last 10 years. They are turn key reliable as well.

WOW!! That would be amazing to ride in! I can't even imagine what the power would feel like.:D:D

THUNDERUSONE 01-06-2015 09:53 AM

I truly cannot put it into words. You just have to experience it.

Mntom 01-06-2015 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THUNDERUSONE (Post 43287)
I truly cannot put it into words. You just have to experience it.

Oh that would be fun!! I bet you still get your blood flowing good with it!

dvision 01-08-2015 10:04 PM

Cooooooool

That thing is way cool. 12K rpm?

THUNDERUSONE 02-01-2015 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvision (Post 43311)
That thing is way cool. 12K rpm?

GPS Speedo. 12 =120mph. It's on the peg at 120. You track the speed on the chartplotter north of 120.

bushpilot 02-01-2015 02:27 PM

john your black snap-on box on the right (by the safe) looks similar to one of mine.

https://www.truckconversion.net/attac...303c15fea4.jpg

THUNDERUSONE 02-01-2015 03:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bushpilot (Post 43422)
john your black snap-on box on the right (by the safe) looks similar to one of mine.

https://www.truckconversion.net/attac...303c15fea4.jpg

That is too funny! We have the same box.....except yours is more pimped out....and you have 2 of them! :D