View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 03:31 PM   #149
Pntyrmvr

List of broken stuff:

2 worn out shocks, both way undersized. One lost its lower rubber isolator, rattled to beat the band, and was cut out and replaced in AZ. Both were leaking after the beating they took on the potholes we hit on the interstates. I found a Monroe RV shock and had 2 shipped. Much larger piston than the econo crap pieces in it. #555037 $45 ea at Rock Auto

I'll replace both when I do the driver's side upper control arm.

The Dorman add a drain plug kit. Have to pull the transmission pan. Underside of Cubicle well oiled. Back windows too.

Lower rad hose clamp needs a turn or two.

Speedometer not working. Cable needs to be longer. May go to electronic unit from old 1993 Dodge. I have a Dakota speed sensor and control box bought for anticipated cruise control installation.

Move rad fan controller to drier location.

Add way more transmission cooling capacity. This may scale back once transmission leak is fixed and it will hold constant amount of fluid.

Raise auxiliary alternator voltage to compensate for what freezer and fridge pull when operating. 17 amps. Plus 5 amps to get alternator fields working. Plus enough to keep NVLA battery active.

Pull filter off oil fill vent pipe and plumb into intake. Running wide open gets a bit o stink back into cab from poorly sealed dog house.

Did clean up all the dog barf from our last night in Illinois. Shop vac to the rescue.

I'll post photos when I get these done.

Be well.

24,770 views. Say hi will ya!
Pntyrmvr is offline   Reply With Quote