View Single Post
Old 02-24-2024, 04:00 AM   #143
Pntyrmvr

Default 3 way propane equipment

I first saw these portable propane 3 way chest freezers when I worked in the bush in the 1980s.

I bought my first used Unique freezer in 2011. It was already 10 years old. It was built in South Africa. They used butane fired refrigeration in remote areas for years. Obviously solar has changed all that. All the new propane units are from China.

I realized my write up for the Cubicle has no photo of the built in fridge with the separate chest freezer so I took one yesterday. The chest freezer was new sitting in an abandoned body shop and cost me $300. The fridge is used, about 30 years old, and was $75. The tank slung underneath was in a 1982 Sportsmobile I flat towed home from Atlanta. You can see why I went with propane instead of solar. Plus we don't get guaranteed sun drenched boondocking sites here. That said we run interior- fridge, freezer, and 2 burner cooktop. Outside- 3 burner camp stove, Mobicool portable 3 way chest cooler, grill, and soon a propane firepit. And we make ice instead of buying it. Leggz actually brings homemade frozen bread dough along.

The fridge, freezer, and cooler run off the second alternator I put on the hemi. Then propane when we are camping.

I've never seen anyone else with the 3 way chest coolers or a 3 way freezer on the road. People can't understand how the flame and warm exhaust make for cold beer. Me neither...
Attached Thumbnails
20240224_045444.jpg   20240224_045915.jpg  
Pntyrmvr is offline   Reply With Quote