View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 03:18 PM   #62
Pntyrmvr

Thunder storms preclude outdoor work so time for a little ciphering with the club cab seats.

The Cubicle came with only lap belts and no headrests so an upgrade was needed. The 98 to 02 Dodge club cabs came with integral seat belts. Important because with no steel roof beam continuing back of the cab the traditional factory van shoulder belt mount doesn't exist. Also 3 more inches of travel means leg room galore for taller people. As well full recline and a spare bench to nap across if needed. The center console flips down for an armrest and up for a middle seat.

Of course the van floor is almost perfectly smooth while the club cab floor had all sorts of lumps and bumps that the seat mounts had to accommodate. A few minutes with a digital angle finder and the dimensions are set. I've got the seat slope at 14°. The '14 Caravan slope is 14° and is fine for long seat times.

The passenger seat mount is 1" shorter in length than the driver's which limits leg room already crowded by the big block's wider doghouse. I'll mount it and the center seat/console back the inch so the front edge of the seats match at the most rearward position for the seats. I hope that gives me enough room to pull the doghouse out. The factory setup meant yanking the passenger seat to remove it. I've never had a van with a bench seat so, like every new idea, you have to keep learning.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200529_155204.jpeg
Views:	4
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	3345Click image for larger version

Name:	20191222_132151.jpeg
Views:	4
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	3346
Pntyrmvr is offline   Reply With Quote