View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 10:55 AM   #73
hoodoo valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldman View Post
Yep I am building these in the nude and then some.

I understand the budget dilemma as it's fixed income here too and you run with what you got, could of would of should of isn't going to work.

Guess you could always go to train yard and take measurements off a locomotive visor of where the overhang from the window is to mock up for your door overhang, the local yard master would just love you.
These days, In this nutty world, they'd probably arrest me as soon as I stepped foot! Things ain't the same anymore.

Yeah, it amazes me. I've built things from homes, to commercial projects to airplane hangers and everything in between and it amazes me how some folks have no concerns about money when it comes to building their shit until it comes to paying the workers. I did a house back in the 1990s where the homeowner bought a $7,000 tub faucet, but always complained about running out of money come my payday.

I do the best I can on my build. Luckily, I have a crap ton of materials from jobs I did. This includes a brand new full light door, an antique sink and pedestal, electrical and plumbing supplies, and so on. I'd really love to install F.R.P. to the interior to almost certainly kill vapor from penetrating the walls, but it's almost $35 a sheet! Searching for cheaper alternatives.........
hoodoo valley is offline   Reply With Quote