View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 10:27 PM   #4
Sloppy joe

I would advise against going cheap on the fronts. Michelin is kinda the only tire I trust up front. As for the rears toyos etc. but do not expect the same life out of any tire as you get with a Mich. and when they blow their gonna do some real damage to those shinny bay doors.
My fronts and rears are date coded 2006 I just changed out the fronts last year and will do the rears in June of this year.
Almost no cracking and with 26k on em there still gonna roll on one of my local haulers.
Why spend big bucks for a house on wheels carrying family then cheap out on one of if not the most important items. I read in one of your posts you carry two 13 year olds.
I myself run michelins cause I trust em specially up front.
If your tires are blowing out your doing something wrong or not doing something right not you per se but whom ever told you that.
Join the fmca and get a discount on michelin.
Have em balanced and mounted then drive with confidence.
I paid 1500 for my fronts all said and done bumped em up to a 315 H rating too.
I'm not ranting or trying to bust your chops but when I seen your hauling a trailer with a single axle rear two 13 year olds quads and a jeep and the wife and looking for a cheaper tire I was like, seriously?
Btw, l drove from Illinois to Cali and back in 7 days with my rig and a trailer in 2015 on those michelins then down to FL. and back to Illinois in 15,16, and back to FL. where she sits now lda never done that driving with any other tire 6 years or older other than a michelin imo based on experience michelins will get you 10 years plus if you keep your rig under cover and up on the jacks no patches or plugs.
Please don't go cheap on steer tires.
Sloppy joe is offline   Reply With Quote