View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 05:30 PM   #24
xyobgyn

Default Pass Through

Some questions, if anyone is following....

1) The bottom section of the wood walls where I cut the Pass Through had water damage. Obviously the walls were sitting in water, and wicked it up.

Short of cutting out the wood, I'm assuming no good way to repair this. I'm going to vacuum out the "crack" between the wall and the wood floor so there is no dirt and debris there to "hold" water there. But I guess the challenge will be to take a hose to the outside of the truck, and see if I can locate where the ingress is?

I'm afraid water could get in from the outside base aluminum trim that covers up the junction between wall and floor.

2) I'm not convinced the seal will do a great deal of temperature insulating, but will eventually be fine for moisture-rain issues.

Do most people therefore cut a larger opening, seal it, and then bulk up the passage way with additional insulation and material to help with insulation?

3) Looking for creative ways to add stairs to the side door. Deck height is 46 inches. I'm not sure bolting steps onto the thin metal of the Under Deck storage boxes is the answer. (Either the doors are not strong enough), or, if I bolt above the doors, I can't use the box) Something that folds out from the door, fastened to the inner surface of the door? I'd prefer not to bolt to the trucks floor, as it will potentially be a trip point or where the car belongs.

Progressive handled insurance affordably.

Dhollandia a European Firm with representation in the US makes some beautiful liftgates that would handle direct loading of the car into the truck.

They also want about $15,000 for their liftgate. Given a comparison to a Factory built Showhauler or Renegade RV/Toyhauler with such a lift and 20 foot garage where the cost is 200K, 300K, 400K, 500+K, that seems reasonable. Compared to the cost of the truck itself and my budget, it is not reasonable.
xyobgyn is offline   Reply With Quote