View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 12:19 PM   #21
xyobgyn

Default getting car into truck at dock height

Truck has arrived. Have looked up the specification on the lift, made by MBB who was bought out by Palfinger. I have an ILK 33 for which I was able to look up specifications. It is a cantilever lift. Not a rail lift that might have been more easily modified. However, the specification for capacity is 100% at 24", 80%-36", 60%-48", and 45% at 60 inches. Realistically this means I could build ramp extensions as pictured above, and load car of 2700 lb plus 100 lb ramps = 2800 onto the gate, flat on the ground. The extensions would have to be set up with wheels on the end so they roll on the ground to some extent. With half the weight on the ground, I could elevate the gate being carful with the angles, so that I didn't try and lift the whole thing at once... the ramps could roll on the ground.... Then, to get over the hump, I could either use foam humps in the truck, or modify the truck floor as shown... winch the car in so the front wheels are in the truck, elevated for clearance, and if the rear wheels are at 60", the gate will support the weight.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5463.JPG   IMG_5479.jpg  
xyobgyn is offline   Reply With Quote