View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 12:48 PM   #21
Java230

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
must be why the MFG's don't insulate there either (you can see the strips on our coach on humid mornings).

Some places are probably left better un-insulated or stuffed with pink stuff (vapor barrier / moisture may be of concern)....maybe sheets of blue foam/foil backed foam core might be better/easier.

I worry that foam stuff expands so much that it could push things out of joint.

Be interesting to hear about the on demand heater - 60k BTU's is a lot. id be curious about the propane consumption, does it have an electric option?

Plumber friend of mine hates the (residential) on demand - he thinks they consume more GAS - since they have to have such strong heaters and they need to fire up (waisting water) before you see hot water at the tap.

Our 10g is more than enough for several people (back to back / boat showers) and its consumption for propane is minimal (we use the electric source when on shore power, so consumption of gas is further reduced).
Yeah I think they will be left alone. Not much I can do, no real access to the top and bottom of them.

On the HWH, I am assuming its 60k is at full flow, it turns on at .5GPM, and generally its rated per hour, so 60k btus and hour. Propane is 21,600 per pound. So in theory you could eat 2/3 of a bbq tank in an hour. No electrci options as it doesnt have a tank.

I will nearly never be on shore power anyway.

I went on demand for a couple reasons. We camp a lot in freezing, so heating a tank to do dishes etc sucks when i only need a gallon really. (no interior shower on this truck either) So really I will only need a little water here and there, I think it should work well for that. And I got a killer deal, $202 for a unit that goes for $700 usually.

Its really exciting to look at

This is normal for us.
Java230 is offline   Reply With Quote