View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 10:31 PM   #14
RBowman

Default Blue ox

One final comment on this topic. I received a call today from Blue Ox. It was from a different customer service representative than the one who spoke with me yesterday. He indicated that his boss reviewed the pictures and determined that the steel tow bar should not have failed in this manner and authorized a free replacement tow bar. I was thankful and surprised. As a business owner, I am impressed with the professional manner in which both of the gentleman demonstrated on the phone and via email with me. It's been a learning experience for me, and I've come to the conclusion that more meticulous inspection and servicing of tow bars is necessary regardless of the weight rating of the tow bar relative to the tow vehicle, and while I will definitely make sure I have a set of heavy duty safety cables in case of failure, I am impressed with the customer service department at Blue Ox. They did this without me having to ask for a manager, raise my voice, or do anything that would encourage them to send a replacement just to make me go away. It's nice to see a company stand by the customer even if the failure of the product is well outside of the warranty period.
RBowman is offline   Reply With Quote