View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 08:56 PM   #15
petrel

Ok, forgot to mention that I upgraded the porch light to LED, and put a new motor on the electric stairs. Replaced both FM antennas and ordered new CB antennas, thanks to some helpful advice from BushPilot.

My entertainment center project took an interesting turn. When I removed the trim, I learned that the tv had actually been upgraded. Since it did have the connections I needed AND Renegade installed it ridiculously well, I decided to stay with it.

The surround sound system took an interesting turn too. I had prepared to discard the existing DHS Q Surround system and replace it with a Bose Soundtouch, because I could find no way to control the volume. However, when I saw the HOLES Renegade drilled for the speaker wires (1 1/8" for a paired 16ga wire!) I decided to keep the existing speakers and mounts to cover the holes.

The good news is that when I found a way to connect existing surround system to the Bose surround receiver I purchased, the whole system came alive. Now we have 7 speaker surround, counting the two subs, that plays from the DVD player, Satellite, Apple TV, Playstation, and Bluetooth.

I really just wanted to make the surround sound work, since it was already installed. I hate having something not functioning properly on the TC. I don't know where you could really use it that it would not annoy someone. Now I have a pair of wireless headphones on the way to see how they work. If they are acceptable, 5 more pairs are in order.
petrel is offline   Reply With Quote