View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 12:46 PM   #66
superbird03

Hey guys... thanks for the questions. The truck had dual 135 gallon tanks. I average 6.5 mpg or so pulling the trailer so I should have no issues going atleast 600 miles on a tank of fuel. I am thinking that will be sufficient? Your thoughts/experience on that?

My thinking for the generator up there is for storage and to get the noise as far away as possible. Being this is a twin screw, I really don't have a ton of storage. I wanted to have one big area with pass through storage so I am planning on leaving everything behind the drives open for storage and didn't want the generator back there. Mounting would be much simpler if I would mount it under the box but I would again be giving away storage. By putting it in place of that fuel tank, it will still be hidden behind the lower fairing when I put back in and wont cost me storage.

When I ordered the slideout frame, I told them what dimensions I wanted the rough opening to be. I could have made it whatever I wanted but had to leave room at the top for the 2 pulley sets and motor in the center. They then make the framework to fit that. The instructions then give me the outer dimensions of the room that I will build with the deductions for their frame work and clearance that they want. It is basically 2.25 inches per side and 2 inches per top and bottom. I went with a rough opening of 146" wide and 72" tall. I would have like to of made it taller, but I am some what height challenged as I didn't go with a real tall box as I wanted to keep this thing under 12' with the ac unit to fit in my shop.

I have started construction of the room portion of this now and will hopefully have the frame work done by the weekend. I will continue to post pictures.

Thanks again for the comments!
superbird03 is offline   Reply With Quote