View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 05:30 AM   #57
bushpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrel View Post
We brought the new (to us) motorhome home yesterday. Wow! what a way to travel!

It was a big transition for us to go from an SUV/Travel trailer combination to a truck conversion, but it was the first time I've ever sat behind the wheel wishing I was farther from home! The wife and children in the back enjoying the scenery, and me up front watching the rig just chew up road like it was starving to death…sorry, I'm geeking out a bit on the whole big rig thing.

Anyhow, it is sitting in the driveway waiting for the next adventure, while I figure out all the doggone switches and fix a few things. Thanks to all for your help.
good for you! good for all of you! I tell people if we didn't like to drive we wouldn't own a coach, and most coach owners (don't seem openly admit they like driving).

I just took a friend to a race at Circuit of The Americas (CoTA)...he's a travel trailer (airstream) guy....he says I've converted him now....he's seen the light....the ability to actually USE the "camper" while moving...use the bathroom, sleep not he bed or couch, have lunch, etc...all while being underway.

i HIGHLY recommend a couple of short trips to every owner (and you already know this as a former camper)....everyone needs a shake down run or two just to figure out the things they'll need for longer trips....we stayed at a couple of state parks (15 & 30 miles) just to figure things out...and now we stay at these parks just to get away from the house (and some neighbors).
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote