View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 09:00 PM   #90
hot rod

We stay on our vendor spaces at the speedway Monday to Sunday for the Turkey Run, which is free with the vendor space. It is completely dry camping, but they do have very nice new shower buildings in the infield and plenty of clean restrooms nearby if you need to conserve water, we do take advantage. There is no RV dump on site, so you need to take care of that before you arrive. We stop at the flying J on I-95 on the way in and empty the tanks and top off the water. There is no spectator camping on grounds, but as a vendor we can purchase an offsite camping space in the infield for $225. It is still dry camping, that area is inside the turn 1-2 area along the fence on the right as soon as you come through the tunnel. For some inexplicable reason they do not open up the nice full hookup area by Lake Llody for the car show. If you don't have a vendor space, I could register a campsite for you, we don't need one, we stay on our space. All of the campsites in that area should be long enough to stay hooked up, I know there are always a number of big rigs with stacker trailers in that area. You have 24 hour access through the tunnel. I have enough weekend passes for you, you would just have to pay for the campsite. Let me know.

There are a couple of reasonably priced campgrounds in the area you might try that we use the week after the show. They are nearby, but kind of off the beaten path. Nova Family Campgrounds is on Herbert St. in Port Orange just off of Nova Rd. It is an older campground. They have a limited number of pull thru sites, and we are 60' and just barely fit, but they have a couple of large fields with a ton of 35 amp hookups that I can't imagine selling out, particularly if you can drop the trailer. It's probably 1/2 permies, but all nice folks. The roads are a little tight for a long rig, but we get our 60' rig in and out no problem, you just might want to walk in first and plan your route. But at 65', you know that. Nova Campground - Daytona Beach, FL - Home

We've never stayed there, but I have friends that use the KOA on International just west of I-95. There is another KOA on Nova in Port Orange, but I don't know anything about that one.

Also try Daytona RV Park and Tropical Gardens. Also on Nova Rd, 1/2 mile or so past Beville. There ain't no tropical garden, but it is a nice new campground and they have long spaces and cater to the car show / bike week crowd. Big level spots with plenty of room to pull a big rig in. There is a storage building you can put your hot rod in at nite, and the club that runs the turkey run has their hq in one of the buildings. Daytona RV Park & Tropical Gardens, RV Parks in Daytona Beach Florida, RV Resort, RV Camping

Are you going to Moultrie, GA as well?
hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote