Thread: Hello from VA
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 10:34 PM   #11
bushpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrel View Post
The children don't mind spreading out on the furniture. They will sleep anywhere. Unfortunately, we find that on long trips it is best if they have their own living space, away from the common area. It keeps the camper uncluttered and everyone a bit happier.

Our first travel trailer had a double bunkhouse, the new one has double bunks and double pop-outs in bunk house. That really gives the children room to do their own thing without wrecking the rest of the camper. With that in mind we set out to buy a garage coach, so we could convert the garage to the children's bunkhouse. However, we found that the garage coaches tend to short the other accommodations. Now we are back looking for rigs with a big cabover bed, two bunks, and a master with a queen or king berth (and a washer/dryer). Showhauler makes a beauty, but I've only been able to find it in '15s and '16s which are out of our price range.

I agree on the no frills approach. White is our preferred color. However, at this point, I think I'd take purple if it had most of the features we want at a price we can afford.

We aren't too concerned about any noise. It may sound a bit odd, but we actually look forward to the rumble of a big diesel. We have three diesel vehicles and a diesel boat now.
sounds like you've have your list nailed down well.

I know John (aka THUNDERUSONE) loves his washer & dryer - and his fresh water tanks are even larger than mine (iirc he might have 300 or more gallons), and his coach is beautiful (gray w/ graphics)

yeah were big on diesels too (presently have 3) - we don't mind the whistle of the giant turbo either...our generator is under the bed - and we barely hear it, the buzz drowns out the trucks idling in the rest areas or truck stops when we sleep.

If i run across a coach w/ bunks ill be sure to send you the links - i keep teasing a good friend of mine w/ 'em when i find them (and all the links seem to have expired).

I just tailgated last weekend at Tx A&M (visiting one of our boys there)...and folks came up asking me about the coach etc (there was a volvo/showhauler in the lot too...who happens to be in my same storage lot)...no one had any clue that our coach was 10 yrs old.

bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote