View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 05:56 AM   #2
RLPRACING

Before we built the M2, we had a 48' gooseneck Classic trailer. We bought it new and special ordered it with a wall in the middle so there was 20' living quarters and 28' cargo area for the race cars. We had them install the air conditioner, a side entry door and windows in the living quarters. We added the bathroom and cabinets. If you have the budget, that's the way to go. When they are building the trailer its easier for them to add the structure to hold the a.c., door and windows then you trying to do it after it has the outside skin. I had them add the interior walls and electric. I didn't have them insulate it and the was a big mistake as it was cold when the weather got below 40 and hot as hell when it got over 70. The aluminum skin was black. Sure looked nice when it was clean but never again. So I would not have them do interior walls or electric. I don't like the way my walls in the M2 sweat at the steel uprights(studs) in the walls when its cold outside and the interior is heated. That's because we only insulated between the wall studs. If you are going to do a lot of cold weather stuff, add a thin layer of insulation over the studs as well as between.
Hope this helps, Ron
RLPRACING is offline   Reply With Quote